streamlight

the Stinger LED seems to be pretty good quality to me - all metal and no complaints there but it is of course quite expensive. Can't speak about the polymer ones which could be more suspect.

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
7histology said:
the Stinger LED seems to be pretty good quality to me - all metal and no complaints there but it is of course quite expensive. Can't speak about the polymer ones which could be more suspect.

I don't have a Stinger LED, but have been considering getting one. Stinger LED gets mostly favorable reviews, but there are plenty of worthy competitors in its price range.

On the other hand, the Streamlight Propoly Luxeon lights get rave reviews from nearly everyone. They are reasonbly priced and have great performance running on common batteries. They are also waterproof, drop-tested, saftey-rated, and very rugged.

They are widely considered "best bang for the buck" lights by lots of CPFers. There really isn't much that can compete with the SL Propolys available at their price.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
ringzero said:
Oooops... My bad.

Thanks for straightening things out GeorgePaul.

Yeah, I was referring to the luxeon version as well. Have no idea about how the TL3 performs. That said, if Streamlight ever updates the Luxeon version with a newer LED and gives a bit more drive to the circuit, I'll get one very fast.

EDcLED

Newly Enlightened
How hard putting a cree or soul in a SL 3AA tasklight? How about up grades, will SL ever provide?

Latest posts