Stupid / incompetent destruction or loss

Chuck289

Enlightened
Perfect timing that you started this thread.
Just this saturday night I was at a party. I wasnt quite drunk, but had just enought so that my motor skills weren't 100%. I was running in the street after a friend of mine and I fell, got back up and thought nothing of it. Later when I was back inside the house I was sitting at the table and I pull out my A2....OH no!! :ohgeez: It was clipped to my front right pocket, must of broken my fall.....:(

DSCF1232.jpg

scaredofthedark

Enlightened
after that initial scratch the ones that come after it doesn't seem as bad
i've dropped my U2 numerous times now and could careless about the scratch

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, that first scratch is always the worst one...after that, lights just gain more "character" with each ding or scratch.

The damage on your A2 is a dandy first scratch! :ohgeez:

Chuck289

Enlightened
I'd feel better if my light got scratched in a situation where I was actually using it, not because I was drinking and fell down, lol.

meuge

Enlightened
Modifying a Romisen RC-N3 I wound up making more mistakes than all previous mods combined. Until then I didn't destroy a single part... but on the RC-N3 I wound up killing a Cree R2 emitter, a Cree P4 emitter, its own driver, and a GD1000 (maybe even 2x GD1000).

That's like $50 worth of loss, over an $18 light.

ARGH.

Maybe I should've stopped when I realized Murphy LIVED inside that light.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
PICS PLEASE....Of the Hole in the TV!!

I've have a few mishaps....

1. After getting into flashlights more & more I decided to build a Seoul Tower module. I used really bad wire and my soldering wasn't great. After getting everything ready to go together 3 of the wires broke off the converter board! It took me about 3 hours to work all the solder out of the holes with a really small drill bit. Luckily I was able to save it and it ended up working fine.:ironic:
2. I completely mangled a new KL3 trying to get it open. I couldn't (and still can't) get the bottom C-M adaptor off and ....well...its done! All I wanted to do was upgrade the LUX III to a Seoul. Now I have an UGLY $50.00 paper weight.:sigh:
3. While screwing my KL5 onto an LU60 adaptor the (+) spring got cought on the plastic isolation ring(found on some LU60's) and ripped it right off. That was 6 months ago, and Surefire STILL has it for repair!
4. Upon completion of my "First Big Mod" my triple Seoul KT4, I was screwing it onto the body, and my heatsink shifted just enough to rip all 3 jelly domes off my Seouls!!.....:eek::ohgeez::mad:

Sometimes ya gotta learn the hard way!

gary3911

Newly Enlightened
Imagine falling over drunk with a porcupine in your jacket pocket - there's a fair chance it could go Steve Irwin on your a$$.