Sunwayman V10R Ti - Clip Options???

wuyeah

Enlightened
After finding out JetBeam BC-10 Clip doesn't fit V10R, I spend few hours with sandpaper!

6057626854_f4c65b128f_z.jpg

6057464150_47e6468371_z.jpg

6057027069_6a5dce3bca_z.jpg

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my V10A. While not a Ti version, it uses the Mcgizmo universal clip. Scout24 helped me drill and tap the holes required for the clip.

sunwayman.jpg

You use a 14500 in your V10A? Is it supported by Sunwayman? and what did you mean by drilling holes? did you have to do some work on the clip to ensure it fit? If so does anyone know of a clip that wouldnt require modifications to fit on the V10A?

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mags, yes you can use a 14500 in the V10A, it has the same internals as the V10R and will yield the same specs of the V10R. I have bored out a few V10A's for members to take a 17500 and the V10R can be used with a bored out AA extender to use the same. On my personal light I bored it out to use 18mm cells.

Titanium81

Newly Enlightened
Any other Solid Titanium Clip options that work with the V10R Ti?

I am very interesting in getting a Sunwayman V10R Ti but want to have a nice clip and to keep it all Titanium.

Any links to compatible Ti parts would be very much appreciated.

mrvo

Newly Enlightened
Here's my Sunwayman V10R Ti Clip, i used sandpaper and a hot air gun to remove the paint, but the blue/golden colorizing effect from the heat was actually a suprisingly nice result so i have not used any polish.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9028/img1374az.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

mrvo

Newly Enlightened

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "chrome finish" on the cheap original nitecore ex10 clip looks good on the v10r. Now i just have to wait for the trit switch, and a good long screw to satisfy my needs :)
Tried to strip the paint of the original v10r clip with dunking it in acetone over night, did not work, so the paint on it is tough. Had to use the dremel with a steel brush. The original black clip is really ugly on the v10r ti.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those interested, I've just ordered a EX10 clip from here: http://www.tacticalleds.com/Nitecore-Pocket-Clip-for-EX10-LED-Flashlight-p/nitecore-ex10-clip.htm and screws from here: http://www.nankinhobby.com/Team-Dur...5MM-10-DEX410-DEX410R-DESC410R/prod_6431.html

I'll update here when I receive items since I'm not sure the EX10 clip is actually the correct one because there was no photo on the website.

My plan is to have my light, the clip and screws all arrive later this week. Can't wait!!

edit: I should mention my light isn't the Ti, but thought the info was still relevant since some may want a clip and screws that contrast even on their Ti.

Last edited:

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Thx srvctec, I'd be interested in hearing how it works out for you. :popcorn:

I manged to pick up one of Kuku's EX10 clips but assume that, while the backing plate is fine, the screws won't fit, correct? Sadly, the nankinhobby site you list is out of stock for these screws so I guess I'll be waiting a bit longer before I can get the clip installed. :candle:

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thx srvctec, I'd be interested in hearing how it works out for you. :popcorn:

I manged to pick up one of Kuku's EX10 clips but assume that, while the backing plate is fine, the screws won't fit, correct? Sadly, the nankinhobby site you list is out of stock for these screws so I guess I'll be waiting a bit longer before I can get the clip installed. :candle:

From what I read either in this thread or somewhere else, the screws need to be 5mm long. Some were getting the 6m screws and filing them down, which would work fine, but I figured I might as well get the right length to start with and don't need titanium or stainless screws like were mentioned.

I must have lucked out on these screws being in stock. I got an email this morning that they have been shipped. Super fast service. Now I just hope the clips are actually in stock and will be on the way soon- no word at all from tacticalleds today.

Last edited:

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tactical LEDS finally returned an email after I had to call them just to get their attention after 3 days of no contact from them after placing my order. They all of a sudden have no EX10 clips and won't be getting any more. I give up on finding any EX10 clips. Since they screwed up in not contacting me, they want to substitute a titanium EX11 clip for the same price (it's supposed to be $2.50 more) which has the wrong hole spacing for the V10R. I may just go ahead and have them send it to me and drill and tap a couple of holes for that clip.

Getting really frustrated that all the places that say they have the EX10 in stock prior to my ordering and allowing me to place the order will say after a couple of days that they aren't in stock.

stoli67

Enlightened
I ordered a couple of clips from the nitecore UK site last sat morning UK time 9am...... The order went through and I got a receipt number....

Monday morning I got an email saying sorry they sold out over the weekend .... After my order!

I guess it is easier to sell locally than honor a prior order from out of the country !

Not cool IMHO... I guess cheap light...cheap service... (nitecore not Sunwayman )

No more nitecore products for me after that dishonorable behavior

(I did order two more from a third party site later.... Will see if they arrive!)

Last edited:

dheim

Newly Enlightened
i'm not so good at DIY stuff, but i have to try with sandpaper... actually i prefer the original clip's shape many times over these fancy mods, and i've got no intention to drill my V10R Ti!

just out of curiosity... sandpaper alone should do without solvents, i hope... or not? :confused:

skatenut

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,

first post, no profile adjustment and probably no pics, still on probation. :wave:

Great pics in this thread!

I'm really liking my V10R Ti, but the clip simply looks awful on this light, I'll buy some paint remover to change that tomorrow.

Apart from interesting posts, some good smilies here!

AutoTech

Enlightened
Here's mine with a klarus clip. Had to file the ring part down to fit in the gap but I'm happy with it. I did start removing the black finish off the original clip but I think this suits it better anyway, it's just a bit more in keeping with the light. I like the way the bend is rounded rather than big and square.

Pics aren't great as I took them in a poorly lit room.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/AutoTech3/1feeb7ec.jpg

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/AutoTech3/1b5e159f.jpg

Your images are too large and have been replaced with links Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator: