Flashaholic
Re: ENC (nite) changed not EDC

[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
I was turned off by the A2 at first because of the size difference

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm wondering about that extra 1.x inch on the A2 as well as it makes it one of the larger personal sized SFs.
For EDC, do you even notice the extra? How does the green look?

I'm thinking about taking the A2 plunge, but I'm gonna have to sell something (E2e and KL1 head?) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried the A2 as an E2 replacement for rear pocket carry but found it uncomfortably bulky. The LEDs were too dim on several occasions and I wasn't entirely at ease relying on a single dual purpose light. Perhaps it was a reaction to being too physically close to the events of 9/11, but I felt that was putting too many eggs in one basket.

I've gone back to using my basic minimal EDC: ARC LS2 2AA lithium- after 4.5 hours significantly brighter than E2e/KL1 and at 7 hrs as bright as fresh Reactor or Inretech. Much slimmer than E2e/KL1, fits into Mag AAA belt pouch and is virtually invisible with dark pants. E2 in rear pocket (attached to address book) is slimmer than E2E with better clip. Lexan lens is minor negative. ARC AAA and Photon II on keyring complete my minimal EDC (out of several combos, adjustable according to mood and circumstance).

The total combined weight of these four lights with batteries is 7.2oz. Total reliable and functional burn time (with two extra 123's for my E2 in cellphone pouch) is 14 hours minimum.

The A2 is a great and unique light, perfect for many Flashaholics. I feel better and more secure with my multi-redundant combination.

Brightnorm

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

brightnorm, your EDC set sounds like mine. An ARC-AAA always in my pocket attached to a Sypderco LadyBug via MAG lanyard, an ARC-LSHP in the ARC pouch on my belt and either an E2 or E2O with MN03 in my back pocket next my wallet. This combination allows me to handle almost any lighting need, is lightweight and is carried un-noticed.

If I really need a bit more power, I attach my modded E2E bezel, put in my modded P61 and have some serious power in my hand.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
.....If I really need a bit more power, I attach my modded E2E bezel, put in my modded P61 and have some serious power in my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great minds think alike! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Care to elaborate about those mods?

BN

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
When space is limited and a super bright light isn't needed, my EDC consists of my ARC LSH-P with twisty (replaced an E1e), and my ARC AAA on my keychain. When I have the room, or more light is needed, the A2 is added to or replaces the ARC LSH.

-Keith