Surefire Beam Color

PumpPusher

Newly Enlightened
I bought a SureFire Scoutlight Ultra Pro and it has a white-yellowish tint and a X300Ultra has a blue tint to it. Is this normal? I tried searching and it seems Surefire uses the warmer colors instead of the blue tint.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire led tints can be all over the road. This is sometimes referred to as the "tint lottery". I don't have any current SF lights, but my discontinued "legacy design" E-series vary. On a couple of my E-series lights, because I came to dislike the tints so much, I bought some M@glite mini-mag accessory kits, used the lens holder and the clear lens, and then added an amber Lee-branded gel fiter material cut out to add a filter to it. It's an imperfect solution, but the tint is better than it was. Led tint never seemed to be a priority with Surefire.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire = Tint lottery

SF (at least historically) caters mainly to professionals like police and military. For that reason a pleasing neutral tint was never their priority, and I doubt most soldiers or officers would care much either. Bad news for us.