Surefire boring service

Status
Not open for further replies.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Are the E2D, and E2L bodies the same regarding boring for 3100 18650? THX!
I believe the Defender & the L versions are identical from a machining standpoint.

Image-9853934-153089220-2-WebLarge_0_68283a651d61890b30cd8fe4796133b2_1

To me it looks like the Defender could be converted to the L by swapping out the head & tail ... but I'm not certain. Who knows for sure?

how about the surefire fury with 18650?

Now the story becomes more complicated :nana:

The Fury (aka P2X) is one of the new "sealed at the factory" lights. A member sent in a number of 6PX-Pro bodies that he'd disassembled:

d4103c78.jpg

Those lights (and I believe all of the new style lights from SF) are bonded together with a substance that looks like red Loctite. Red (high strength) Loctite starts to soften at 350° F (177° C). If you are willing to figure out how to remove the head/LE from the Fury I'll be happy to bore it. I don't know how he managed to get those lights apart without damage so be careful if you decide to do this.

Also, you'll need to either use a rare earth magnet or melt a small drop of solder onto the positive LE contact when used with flat top cells like AW.

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Things have been quiet since the move...anything new to show us plebs Barry?
Haven't posted any photos lately but have been machining lights ... they go out more quickly when no images are taken, proofed, cropped, resized & uploaded to the hosting site. But there is a Milky-modded L2 in the lathe as we speak & that one looks like a good photo op.

The Border Collie that we've fostered for the past two months went home last evening.

Image-9853934-153469472-2-Web_0_c5a74dad530149d6a07e1599c24e76d0_1

Smart guy & a quick learner. Our Siberian Husky (Alpha female) nipped at him whenever he got out of line :)

More photos of lights to follow soon.

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Milky's been around for a while and is a highly trusted modder. That's my attraction to him :)

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Milky's been around for a while and is a highly trusted modder. That's my attraction to him :)
+1

Scott is never content with his "last" mod & he's always seeking those last few (hundred) lumens.

he puts a lot of though behind his mods, they are engineered well, and he has outstanding attention to detail ;)
In other words they are guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

I will be stopping by your shop again, he didn't like me very much. :)
He'd been abused by his previous owner's husband. I've never seen a dog that so adored women & so hated men. Hopefully he'll grow out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.