Surefire Lego?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I would even consider it a heavy mod just to replace the LED board and/or driver board. Your best but probably not cheapest option would be to not only get a replacement LED but a complete replacement head if available.

Another option would be to get a G2L and upgrade it with some low-current aftermarket dropin. Malkoff Devices builds some nice modules.

I found a used yellow incan for putting a black tactical head and a malkoff/macgizmo tail cap on.
Once it and the malkoff NL arrive...my first lego light.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already posted this one in Tana´s TripLED thread but it´s good here as well...... The best of three worlds in one little powerhouse: favourite modder (Tana) + favourite custom maker (McGizmo) + favourite production lights (Surefire). And look where the clip rests when the bezel is screwed tight, perfectly on one of the hex sides. It´s not like I´d throw away that light if it would not be that way :sick2: but these are the little things that make a cool light even a bit cooler.

edc1.jpg

edc2.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
I already posted this one in Tana´s TripLED thread but it´s good here as well...... The best of three worlds in one little powerhouse: favourite modder (Tana) + favourite custom maker (McGizmo) + favourite production lights (Surefire)....

Yes, I just recently tried two @Tana TripLED bezels on a McClickie Pak, a triple red XP-E and a triple Nichia 219 ... great combo, for sure :twothumbs

Spade115

Newly Enlightened
I already posted this one in Tana´s TripLED thread but it´s good here as well...... The best of three worlds in one little powerhouse: favourite modder (Tana) + favourite custom maker (McGizmo) + favourite production lights (Surefire). And look where the clip rests when the bezel is screwed tight, perfectly on one of the hex sides. It´s not like I´d throw away that light if it would not be that way :sick2: but these are the little things that make a cool light even a bit cooler.

I NEED this.....:eek: awesome

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, that teardrop bezel looks pretty cool on the E1B. I like it better than it´s original bezel :thumbsup: especially with the Z68 combined. Seeing how the Z68 and the teardrop bezel work together, I think a McTC would look really cool on the aleph body with the teardrop bezel. Cool legos!

kmart356

Enlightened
Thank you Eric. I like the E1B very much now with the "satin silver" teardrop. Notice the difference (below for B4 photo) some acid washing does to the factory -SG finish. It now looks much better with very close match
E1B%20Silver-SG_zpsyznuzyxs.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic

^^ my first Lego

A G2 incan gets a Malkoff/McGizmo blem cap and a 6P head. Wanted to see what it would look like.

I have a black G2 on the way that'll get the yellow head and the yellow twisty tail cap, along with a Malkoff M61WLL. (Or stay P60 outfitted)
The yellow light will have a Solarforce tac head and Sure Fire twisty switch (from the black G2) and an M61 WL.

The shown 6P got a Malkoff pocket clip to go with the Malkoff/McGizmo tail cap it has.

Edit:
Decided on sticking with an all yellow G2 incan with a little bit of decorating, a simple lanyard trick and a Malkoff M61 WLL from my 6P that now has an M61 WL.

The black G2 incan got a Solar Force tac head, an Elzetta lanyard ring and an Olympus camera lanyard clone.

Right now it has a Malkoff M61 NL but since the head is now doubling as a heat sync I'm thinking a good ole 300+ lumen M61 N is in order.

Last edited:

FREI

Newly Enlightened
attachment.php

L2 Head with XM-L2 U2 (no driver), E1 Body and Aleph 2-stage tailcap.

FREI

Newly Enlightened
@Tana, I think the upper part of the head is KL4, but what is the lower part? And which body is this?

Edit, is it possible the lower part and the body is one part???

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Tana, I think the upper part of the head is KL4, but what is the lower part? And which body is this?

Edit, is it possible the lower part and the body is one part???

You're right, it is a single part... that's basically what's on one side of legoing LM2 and KL4... you get that lego and on the other end you can have this head (ignore LM1 on it, it's the same part as LM2 upper shell):