Surefire LX2 Lumamax Question

benchrest

Newly Enlightened
Re: To All LX2 Lumamax fans - Do you ever needed to change the LED bulb?

+1. Never had to replace the diode but the pocket clip on the other hand...fragile thing, that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

nbp

Flashaholic

Also, I don't know your level of knowledge with regards to LEDs, but it is important to note that they cannot (generally) be just changed out such as incandescent bulbs can. This is ok though, since, as noted, it is exceedingly rare for one to "burn out".

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast

+6.....if you have good batteries in it and it doesn't emit light, a call to Surefire will make it right.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast

+6.....if you have good batteries in it and it doesn't emit light, a call to Surefire will make it right.
My LX2 still ticking after years of use, often left running for more than an hour. I'd like to swap the emittee for an XPG2 but cant find someone to do it local(PHL).
I had a G2Led with KX4-BKHA head(sealed head unit, not P60L dropin) that I ran for an hour, and when I noticed it dim I looked at the SSC P4 and it was burned, with a 1x1mm brownish black spot at the center of the phosphor. Still waiting for the replacement from SF after they emailed me back and told me they would send a head instead of my request for a repair. :)