Surefire to shorten their clips...

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man!!!! Don't tell me the entire Surefire production and design team have shelved working on the UB3 LX1 and M3L to collaboratively design a shorter clip! CHRISTMAS IS RUINED :(

Guess me and the OP were at the same show! Anyways speaking to the Surefire reps:

UB3 and LX1 are still being working on. The M3LT is still scheduled for release around December. The Saint Minimus is also shipping to dealers.

prime77

Enlightened
I like the long clip the way it is too. I have used my LX2 every night since I got it. Usually twist it low to make it to the house. Sometimes to high if need be. Done this for months now and not a single mark on the tailcap.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
edit: wrong thread ....

Last edited:

iapyx

Enlightened
hey guys, guess what I got in the mail today: a tax refund. Soon to be transfered to my bank account. So, what shall I do now?
Suddenly my SF-wishlist has grown. :) UB3 UA2 and an LX2 with short clip. Already had saved for a UB3 and a UA2.
If they do shorten the clip of the LX2 I'll bite.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is real good news! I hope SF do allow sale of the shorter clips. I am not sure exactly if I would prefer the shorter clips so I would rather purchase it to swap on my LX2. After weeks of carrying the LX2, I kind of appreciated the long clips as it does keep the light well hidden in my pocket (bezel down carry), and on the belt it sits almost flushed with the tail cap. I don't mind the clip getting in the way of the operation of tail cap as I am quite used to it by now. With proper greasing on the O ring, single handed operation is still possible so I am not complaining.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an update guys. I sent Surefire an email request about the rumor of them shortening their clips.

Here is SF's reply:

We apologize for the delayed response. Our email system has been experiencing some difficulties. The pocket clip on the A2L and LX2 (among other lights) is designed to allow the user to carry the light either bezel up or bezel down based on user preference. There are currently no plans to change the design of the clip.

MSax

Jethro

Newly Enlightened
Can someone please explain why the clip is being complained about? I fail to understand... I have been carrying my LX2 in my pocket since the day I got it, and it seems ideal??:thinking:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone please explain why the clip is being complained about? I fail to understand... I have been carrying my LX2 in my pocket since the day I got it, and it seems ideal??:thinking:

It is ideal....almost. I just don't like the metal on metal rubbing when you turn the light on. I've been using a small stick on rubber spacer (cabinet bumper) to hold the clip off a bit. That has been working fine for me.

MSax

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
Personally, I'd like the clip to be a little bit longer so that less of the tailcap sticks out of my pocket ... I've already dropped it once on concrete which scraped off some of the anodizing on the head and tailcap so I'm not concerned about the clip rubbing against the tailcap anymore ...

eshishlo

Newly Enlightened
I have an E1B clip on my L1 and I wish that it was 1/2 an inch longer. I bent the clip at the mounting point just enough that the end of the clip is about 1-2 mm above the tail cap and no rubbing at all. Now I just need to get a clip from the A2L for my A2. :devil:

eshishlo

Newly Enlightened
The clip on the U2 and K2 were a good idea and are great because they don't tear up my clothing since they are smooth stainless steel.

nanomu

Newly Enlightened
What's wrong with these 2-way clips on the LX2 and other lights you ask?

The answer: mine snapped off first time I put it in my pocket, right out of the box. :mad: Yes, it's also a bit long, which makes taking the tailcap on and off a little difficult. The main problem I see is that the clip has no flex to it, unlike the very bendy one on the E2L. In every other way the LX2 seems like a nice light.

Off to call SF tomorrow.. Until then, here comes some e-series legos!

Armadew

Newly Enlightened
I think the clip for the E2DL seems a little bit too short...

I agree. Anyone want to send me one of their dreaded long clips?:naughty: Seriously, though I don't have a problem with the clip rubbing on other models. Scratches on a flashlight isn't something that concerns me at all.

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
What's wrong with these 2-way clips on the LX2 and other lights you ask?

The answer: mine snapped off first time I put it in my pocket, right out of the box. :mad: Yes, it's also a bit long, which makes taking the tailcap on and off a little difficult. The main problem I see is that the clip has no flex to it, unlike the very bendy one on the E2L. In every other way the LX2 seems like a nice light.

Off to call SF tomorrow.. Until then, here comes some e-series legos!

Another CPF member had a similar problem. See thread below:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/236453