surefire V70 holster scratches my 6PD

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head of my U2 has a lot of wear from the SF holster I carried it in (V71 ?)
Bought the light brand new, shortly after it was released (3 flats, plastic sleeved 18650 compatible one)
Carried the light bezel down doing security work for quite a while, it got dropped, banged arond etc, so a little bit of holster wear wasn't an issue, it's still one of my favorite lights.

If you need the speed and retention, then the surefire holster is the way to go, otherwise, find a different way to carry your light (my old 6P rides in a SF leather sheath for this very reason, almost as quick, less anodize damage, and fitted in with the duty belt I was wearing when I bought it)

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
To A.O.W. - sorry, I just got to this. The o-rings I've been using are 16mm in diameter and 2mm thick. Be forewarned that it is not easy to get that size of o-ring onto the light. Once you do though, they're not going anywhere. Basically the o-rings keep the spring from even contacting the metal parts of the tailcap at all... The leaf spring entirely engages on the o-rings.

Last edited:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hack Saws Rock!

Yes they do! Nice V70 mod there! So has anyone else tried the o-ring trick and had any luck?

I'm definitely specifying the 16mm x 2mm variety of o-ring, as others may and will slip off. When you go to a dollar store and buy an o-ring assortment pack - these are the most common size in the box.

Don't give up trying to get it on. It will seem impossible at times, but if you keep working at it, you should be able to pull it off. I actually had to take a break after putting only 4 o-rings on.