SureFires & RCR123As

Bolek

Enlightened
"LED Lights / Heads compatible with 3.6 volt rechargeable batteries:

* NovaTac EDC series flashlights
* Fenix brand flashlights
* Lighthound Cree drop-in

Incandescent Lights / Heads compatible with two 3.6 volt rechargeable batteries:

* Lumens Factory Bulbs
* Chinese Flashlights, ONLY WITH 8 Volt bulb.

LED Lights / Heads NOT compatible with 3.6 volt rechargeable batteries:

* All SureFire® Flashlights
* All Inova Flashlights
* All Nuwai Flashlights
* All Streamlight Flashlights

Incandescent Lights / Heads NOT compatible with 3.6 volt rechargeable batteries:

* Most Incandescent bulbs are NOT compatible. We only recommend the Lumens Factory bulbs for use with rechargeable batteries"

This comes from LIGHTHOUND.COM. Here is the link:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=4

Mark
Are you shure for Nuwai? I use a RC123 in a Nuwai III Lux. Is it dangerous for the light ?

SemperFi

Banned
Bullzeyebill said:
SemperFi, please explain your math, 1200mAh and 3600mAh?Bill

[URL="http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/member.php?u=39439" said:
matt0[/url]]Two 600mAh 3V batteries is "electrically" the same as a single 600mAh 6V battery right?

SemperFi said:
My current ones are at 2x from 600mAh meaning, 1200mAh in total strength

Hi Guys, I've been away and unable to Net for lack of time however, my first observations thus far, geez... is this Forum site suffering from some "power surge" or something??? Admin does need to consider relocating to a larger and faster hosting server... I can recommend if a serious interest is aired (hint @ Greta :)).

Back to Bill, I guess others may have since helped with an answer and for Matt's, I view the 3,0 voltage remains as the norm that the circuitry recognizes & depends on but moving on to the capacity, that is allowed to vary hence, I took to the understanding that there is room made available to allow an increase of up to 3600 mAh in total (but that was evidently pointed out as non existent by Bill again, thx Bill:thumbsup:) in the hope that the run time can stay enhanced & prolonged a little longer from the same full charge for a battery with more than a standard 600 mAh cell. Perhaps I have understood wrongly here...:thinking::D

My solution thus, in circumventing running out of power when in time of real need and continuity, is to have adequate back up of batteries, like 4/5's of RCRs and 1/5 of regular CR123A/s in the accompanying battery clip to last the entire darkness a one-night stand requires... or, make it two romantic "hot" escapades for the lodge in the woods...:twothumbs