Susan Boyle

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
This video is truly inspiring. I've watched it at least 5 times, and still get chills when she sings the opening. I'm pulling for her to win!

GrnXnham

Enlightened
Just strange that nobody has heard of her before and my intuition it that there's more to it.

Do you realize how many great singers there are in the world that no one has ever heard of?

Thousands--maybe millions

I remember a couple of old ladies in my small church that I attended as a kid (they kind of looked like Miss Boyle) who had the most incredible singing voices but they didn't sing professionally. They sang solos in church all of the time though.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw it for the first time, the day before yesterday. She was great! My wife actually brought her up, while reading about her in People Magazine, and was shocked that I hadn't heard of her.

For the one that was saying he thinks she a fake (really, she's not, it's BIG news), but says it might be due to the poor quality video, here's another link, to the same performance, only higher quality, and with the HQ (High Quality) button you can click for really high quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk&feature=related Don't forget to hit the "HQ" button; it makes a big difference in the quality of the sound and video.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
And not meaning to go OT, but be sure and click on the link inside the video, of 10yr old Hollie Steel. :thumbsup:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
And not meaning to go OT, but be sure and click on the link inside the video, of 10yr old Hollie Steel. :thumbsup:

Yeah, definitely! I was thinking about posting that, too, but I figured, if they clicked my link to the HQ version, they get curious enough to click on the Hollie link. That little girl can sing!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
WOW - thanks for posting the link Lux. I certainly appreciate all types of music...that just gave me the shivers. What a voice!!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brother-in-law saw Susan Boyle at Disneyland (CA), today, and took a picture with her! He immediately sent it to my wife, to show her.