Tailcap current draw for popular lights?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many descriptions of lights include the current at the emitter for each mode, but I don't think I've seen anyone describe the total current draw from the battery. I realize that the current draw is dependent on the battery used (voltage, voltage sag, and internal resistance will all play a part in this), but it seems like any data is better than no data.

I got interested in this when someone gave me some ER14505s (3.6v, 100mA maximum sustainable current) and I discovered that I couldn't find the information I needed online to predict which modes would work and which wouldn't if I used a ER14505 in my Quark AA. Not a big deal if you have the battery and flashlight to experiment with, but if this were important to a purchase decision, you'd be stuck.

Does this data exist anywhere? If not, would there be value to creating a thread where people post make/model of light, the battery used (preferably with a measurement of the starting voltage), and their measurements of current draw for each mode?

--flatline

HKJ

Flashaholic
Many descriptions of lights include the current at the emitter for each mode, but I don't think I've seen anyone describe the total current draw from the battery. I realize that the current draw is dependent on the battery used (voltage, voltage sag, and internal resistance will all play a part in this), but it seems like any data is better than no data.

I usual include the values with my reviews, but they are in Danish (You can find them on my website).
But these values are not very useful at high brightness/current values, because batteries can not keep the voltage constant. In some of my never review I have improved this, by doing a voltage/current/brightness graph, you can find some examples here.