Tain Tribute Thread

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love all the Hyperluxes, but my Combat Hyperlux with the side-tritiums in the tail is my favourite. Its also probably my favourite light in my entire collection.

You definitely have one of the most complete Hyperlux collection in the face of the earth :drool: You are correct, the 3D tail with trits is probably the nicest and rarest of them all (afaik only 3pcs in existence?)

You seems to have 2 version of them, one with another without trits?

I would love to get my hands on one of the earlier 2pc body version of Hyperlux :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
You definitely have one of the most complete Hyperlux collection in the face of the earth :drool: You are correct, the 3D tail with trits is probably the nicest and rarest of them all (afaik only 3pcs in existence?)

You seems to have 2 version of them, one with another without trits?

I would love to get my hands on one of the earlier 2pc body version of Hyperlux :)

Thanks for the nice words ... yes Yi Tsan and his expert machinist really excelled with the Hyperluxes (beautifully executed and as solid as tanks with huge brass heat-sinks)

Unfortunately I don't have 2 Combat Hyperluxes - just one - but I have an extra standard tail which featured in my earlier pictures.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast

Shyan: comments like your make me feel so very lucky that I was able to get both a 2pc version, and a 3pc 3D tail version. I was definitely in the right place at the right time. :) But Daniel does indeed have a Hyperlux collection to be proud of!

easilyled

Flashaholic
Shyan: comments like your make me feel so very lucky that I was able to get both a 2pc version, and a 3pc 3D tail version. I was definitely in the right place at the right time. :) But Daniel does indeed have a Hyperlux collection to be proud of!

Dave, its missing a unique BB Combat Hyperlux with side-trit tail. Any time you want to consider a trade or need some funds, just let me know. :grin2:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, its missing a unique BB Combat Hyperlux with side-trit tail. Any time you want to consider a trade or need some funds, just let me know. :grin2:
Haha - that's funny. :) Oh, you were serious? :eek: :devil:

This recent conversation made me want to do some more photography, so just for fun I edited one of my pictures from the first post to darken the background.

I'm interested to hear honest feedback from people. What do you think of this compared to the original picture? Which one do you prefer?

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My latest addition...

TainFluteDamascusampTitanium01b.jpg

easilyled

Flashaholic
Beautiful lights and great picture Shyan. I'm beginning to regret not taking the opportunity to buy a Damascus Flute when I had it.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Haha - that's funny. :) Oh, you were serious? :eek: :devil:

Well, you know the old saying "There's many a true word spoken in jest" - then again I know you have far too much good taste and sense to part with it Dave. ;)

This recent conversation made me want to do some more photography, so just for fun I edited one of my pictures from the first post to darken the background.

I'm interested to hear honest feedback from people. What do you think of this compared to the original picture? Which one do you prefer?

I think that a black background is hard to beat for Ti and tritiums, so in that sense I do prefer it darker like this compared to your original picture Dave. No doubt amongst professional product photographers, a black background can become a bit of a cliché and they have all sorts of other creative alternatives, but for the likes of me, its the best I can find.

Last edited:

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that a black background is hard to beat for Ti and tritiums, so in that sense I do prefer it darker like this compared to your original picture Dave. No doubt amongst professional product photographers, a black background can become a bit of a cliché and they have all sorts of other creative alternatives, but for the likes of me, its the best I can find.
Thanks for the feedback Daniel! :) I originally made the comment that I thought the black glass would be best for special pictures only. As I take more pictures using it though, I'm beginning to feel as you do. To me, it is nice for any titanium light, and it's especially nice for trit shots. The colors seem to pop more, and it's definitely easier to make them look good during processing when the background is very dark.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
These Flutes are addictive, aren't they?

Indeed they are...I felt it is the perfect size for my hand and I'm a sucker for the nice knurling job. I'm already four down and Tain showed me his EDC light...now I've just place an order for two more :ohgeez:

I'll soon be receiving another one to add to my collection. :whistle: It might look very similar to your latest addition. :naughty:

Congrats in advance...it is indeed a very beautiful light from the nicest guy. Where else could you have your personalized light personally delivered by the maker himself from over 3000km away :D

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't usually show these but these two are my absolute favourite from my permanent collection...

TainThud26650ampHyperlux01c.jpg

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't usually show these but these two are my absolute favourite from my permanent collection...
That's a great looking pair! :thumbsup:

It's very difficult to make a choice like this, but I recently decided that my Thud 26650 is my single most favorite light in my collection. :)

I like the trit color scheme on your Thud!

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dave...for me it's not that difficult to put my Thud 26650 right at the top, it is that nice a light and tick almost all my boxes! :devil: Did you know that the turbo head of the Thud took almost 3.5 hours of machining time just to complete?

The 3pc Hyperlux is just such a nice light...superb machining with high level of complexity and skills, plus it comes with such a beautiful beam!

Last edited:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Dave, Photo 2 with the blackened background looks very professional. I just skimmed over that photo in the first post. Silgt, the Damascus flute is awesome.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Dave...for me it's not that difficult to put my Thud 26650 right at the top, it is that nice a light and tick almost all my boxes! :devil:
I obviously agree overall. The problem is that I have several other really nice lights - my Mirage Man 18650, my TNC copper 26650, and my Flutes - that are also right up near the top of my list. :)

easilyled

Flashaholic

Magnificent lights and picture once again. I'm finding it odd that the ends of the Green tritiums on the Thud appear blue to me!

Of course I admire the Thud immensely but I prefer the overall balance on the Combat Hyperlux - its just asking to be held with that body - it lies in the hand freakishly well!

Last edited: