Tell Us What Do You Use Your HeadLamp For?

175n

Newly Enlightened
Camping, fishing, household tasks

Sent from my SHW-M250K using Tapatalk

Ktraughb

Newly Enlightened
I do low voltage wiring and audio/video wiring systems...also home automation. Leads me into dark attics and basements and crawl spaces for hours on end.

goodooboy

Newly Enlightened
I use mine mostly for hunting hogs. Even when I am not, I like knowing that I have it available if there is a power blackout.

Fat Boy

Enlightened
I use it for all the obvious reasons; hunting, fishing camping, and misc. outside work at night.

schmitti

Newly Enlightened
Camping, Hunting and checking out the things on the property that go bump in the night and freak out my animals.

My Petzl Zoom (old style with the big blocky 4.5v) I use when I go hunting as it lets me see everything when I'm dragging decoys and all my other junk out into the swamp or in the canoe. I swapped the bulb for an LED that I found on the 'bay that came from England. It is much nicer than the old bulb.

I still need to find a replacement for my old 2xAA petzl, The old rubber cover for the battery box lost most of it's elasticity and won't hold the cells in place anymore. As a head lamp it still more than meets my needs for camping and also when I'm actually in my blind as I have the read lens for it. Just need to figure out a cover replacement.

Otherwise I have a couple cheapy Coleman single cell triple LED headlamps that I can tuck in a pocket that work well and also fit the kids heads.

E

Charles L.

Enlightened
Non-work things (although I'm a small animal vet, and do use a surgical headlamp :) ) for my Nitecore HC50: camping, working in yard or on boat when it's dark, under the house, reading in bed, walking around the house in the dark without waking spouse/children. Love that lamp!

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I used my first Petzl Zoom headlamp when I did quite a bit of camping / portaging. Now I have several headlamps and use them for, in no particular order: setting up at trailhead for night mountain-biking, camping (still), soldering battery packs, installing computer parts, car maintenance, looking for things in the hall closet and other household duties and there's a headlamp + spares that I will be putting in my Emergency / BOB kit. I used to have one on my helmet for night-time bike rides but found that dedicated bike lights worked better.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been using my headlamp quite as often lately, so that makes me realize that I haven't done very many outdoor chores in the last few weeks. My wife just told me that the washer fluid is low in the car though, so I am looking forward to replacing it after dark (on purpose) tomorrow with my headlamp. :)

I also have another light in the mail which should arrive tomorrow, so I will likely be having a very fun night in general!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, I just keep mine in my BOB for emergencies. Though no doubt my Princeton-Tec EOS model could easily get the job done on a daily basis. To prevent leaks, I loaded it up with lithiums.

johnfolsomjr

Newly Enlightened
I use mine for crawling under stages while pulling cables and working in the back of equipment racks at work and one always comes camping with me. I use Black Diamond Icons (the old model) when weight isn't an issue and a Petzl Zipka plus 2 when it is.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm jealous of the people using theirs for outdoor activities.

mostly indoor for hands free stuff. my recent uses.
  • cooking. as a supplement lighting when preparing food. i just like to have even lighting when cooking. i totally forget it's weird because when i have guests over, the girls giggle. :eek: SG5 in neutral. neutral is a must for food.
  • misc. in front of tv. i'm not much of a tv person but i do like to watch certain shows. but i always feel like i have to fiddle with something so i'm usually sewing, replacing guitar strings, relubing flashlights, etc.
  • in hotel. when traveling, i'm always up before my wife so i use it while packing up before checkout. HL10 is small and light. great travel size.

for the future.
  • urban exploration. i would like to do more exploration. my own building or random abandoned ones.
  • night hiking. i miss it a lot and would purposely look for trails when i travel.

i find living in a big city these last few years changed my light use. a headlamp is pretty much worthless outdoors.

DarkRemover

Newly Enlightened
Basically any task where I need my hands free and where I may need additional light up close where there's already ambient light just not enough of it or in the right spot.