The 2014 Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The 2014 Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast Your Vote!

Yes i missed that sorry:ohgeez:
Don't feel bad ven. I think it's a difficult proposition to expect everyone to use a precise syntax in a forum and a historical thread that is informal in nature. I'm sure that even some of those who did read that an exact syntax must be used decided it wasn't worth the trouble to vote.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don't feel bad ven. I think it's a difficult proposition to expect everyone to use a precise syntax in a forum and a historical thread that is informal in nature. I'm sure that even some of those who did read that an exact syntax must be used decided it wasn't worth the trouble to vote.

Certainly no one should feel bad about posting in the wrong format. You can add to the thread even if you don't use the guidelines. But presumably, people who post in this thread would like to have their votes counted. So a reminder about the format required is useful. It isn't like it is rocket science...TGWNN provided a very clear guide, with examples. Just pointing it out for those who may have missed it.

ven

Flashaholic

Thanks Rich,i corrected it though as my OCD got the better :laughing: it may help others in the future decide on a specific light,that was my main objective being honest.

Cheers ven:thumbsup:

Ernst from Germany

Newly Enlightened

Armytek Grizzly
Armytek Dragon
Armytek Ranger
From in stock Lamps
Eagtac MX25L3c Nichia
Greets Ernst

darktort

Banned

My EDC
#1 SUNWAYMAN : V11R Ti

kj2

Flashaholic

#1# Fenix : TK61
#2# Fenix : PD35
#3# ArmyTek : Predator Pro
#4# Zebralight : SC600 MKII L2
New list for me:
#1# Fenix : TK61
#2# Fenix : TK35UE
#3# Fenix : PD35
#4# Zebralight : SC600 MKII L2

Shiftyk5

Newly Enlightened

Revised list

#1# Eageltac : D25a
#2# Sunwayman : D40a

I have the titanium D25a but and the aluminum version both are great, Ti looks great but the aluminum seems to deal with heat better. They are a must have.

I recently got the Sunwayman D40a and had it modded by forum member Vihn, this is a for sure must have light the output is amazing. You have to buy this light, modded or not.

Now I'm working on 18650 lights to see which I like best :twothumbs

bladesmith3

Enlightened

I have over 100 lights. but

#1 solorforce l2n xm-l2 CW 3 mode
#2 fenix tn75
#3 thrunite tn12
#4 olight SR95S UT JUST BECAUSE IT MAKES ME SMILE

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast

#1# MBI : HF
#2# Oveready : P60 host
#3# ZebraLight : SC62d

Number 1 is almost always with me. Titanium, Nichia, simple, reliable, beautiful. The patina of experience and usefulness is very becoming, designed and built and guaranteed by a person with integrity.

Number 2 is really equal to Number 1 in that the Oveready Team exemplifies the best in product execution and customer service. A beautiful, functional, reliable light.

Number 3- ZebraLight sent a replacement (for the flickering on lowest and second lowest low) for the unit I got from the first batch: Very comfortable tint and user interface, long runtime, lightweight, compact.

Last edited:

SwissJim

Newly Enlightened

My new SRT7 from Nitecore has now become my CONSTANT companion. I love everything about it: quality, size, various colored LEDs, and variable brightness control. Call me hooked!

Dave82

Newly Enlightened

#1# Eagletac : D25C

BeauB

Newly Enlightened

When will pk lights be available or better yet have a good dealer? I like the pen too:laughing:

dan05gt

Newly Enlightened

#1# Surefire : G2X Pro
#2# Surefire : P3X Fury
#3# Surefire : E2L Outdoorsman
#4# Surefire : P2X Fury Defender

I don't feel right adding it in because I don't own it yet :ironic:, but I really want to get a Surefire EB2 Backup. I want the tactical interface, but I had a LX2 and I just did not like the play in the tail cap. Does anyone have first hand experience with a recent EB2 to know if this is an issue. If it is I will probably just get the clicky. It would probably be my #1 or #2. I have lots of other lights, but I just seem to find faults like it gets too hot after prolonged use, has a flaky button, etc. I know the P2X Fury Defender gets hot after prolonged use, but that is not a real issue given this is not a light I would generally use for prolonged periods of time.

LanWolf

Newly Enlightened

#1# Tank 007 - E09
#2# Fenix E11
#3# Solarforce L2(P/N/T/M) With 2 or 3 mode 250 lumen or more drop-in

IsaacL

Enlightened

#1# Mac's Customs : Tri-EDC : Titanium
#2# Surefire : EB2 Backup : Tan Clicky Version

When I bought the Tri-EDC I never imagined it would become my constant companion, but out of all the lights I own/owned this is the one I cannot imagine being without. It's small, beautiful, titanium :D, and insanely bright.

The SF is self explanatory. Great size, weight, feel. I love the matte tan finish and they really nailed it with the optic/OSRAM pairing this year. Slightly warm tint...just incredible!

Last edited:

radiopej

Enlightened
#1# Fenix : PD32 : Ultimate Edition
#2# Olight : i3S
#3# Olight : M10
#4# Kathmandu : Keyring Mini
#5# EagleTac : D25C Clicky : XM-L2 U2 version

I've decided not to include my Surefire 6P or my Maglite 2D because even though they have powerful dropins or replacement bulbs, this isn't what the company provides but an aftermarket mod. So as awesome as my 6P is for a host, there's nothing cutting edge about what I pulled out of the box in comparison to the rest of my torches (as in, the things in it that I like come from elsewhere). If we count a fully modified one that the manufacturer doesn't agree with as a point for the manufacturer, it's a bit odd.

My PD32 UE is one of my favourites - high-power, nice neutral and very broad beam. I keep it in my backpack, which means I don't actually use it that often, but it's the first real light that I bought and I've never regretted it.

Olight i3S is nice and tiny to keep around but then throws out an impressive high and low. This is THE light I recommend to normal people who just want a little keychain light to have out and about. I bought some for my family and gave my own one to my brother, but I constantly want to buy a new one whenever I give it to someone. So many features on such a tiny light.

The Olight M10 has replaced the Fenix TK22 (T6) that I had on this list. I still keep the TK22 by my bed as before, but I think the M10 needs to be on this list more. Great UI, very good tint and great size. It's probably the one that I use the most (partly because it's easier to access since it's on my belt).

The Kathmandu is a little one I used to keep on my neck and seems to be a Streamlight Nano rip-off. Survives showers and just doesn't break while always being on me. I switched to a FourSevens Atom AL for my neck, but the little Kathmandu one was very reliable and great, so I'll always have one and it belongs on this list. The Atom AL is great and in time may take over on the list since it has so many features, but at the moment I think the Kathmandu should stay there.

Finally, the Eagletac has a great UI. Only thing I'd like to change is the emitter to something neutral (though preferably brighter than the Nichia that they offer). For how I use it, it's dead-useful. I still carry it in my pocket, but find I use the M10 more because it's easier to access the low and the high and has momentary-on. The main things that it stays for are tailstanding, the moonlight mode and the insane brightness on a li-ion.

Last edited:

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast

#1# Malkoff : MD2 Turn-key high/low : M61N
#2# Zebralight : SC52w L2

light_headed_dude

Newly Enlightened

#1# Foursevens : Quark MiniX123
#2# Surefire : 6P
#3# Fenix : TK41

Of course, this list will change immediately- as soon as I can get my hands on any of Guy's MBI lights!
:twothumbs

LightHeadedDude
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts