The best, smallest single CR123 light.

jahxman

Enlightened
I'm gonna have to vote for the Dereelight EDC C2H with warm/neutral white pill.

It's just become my major go-to light.

My LF2XT is my main EDC, but the C2H is just easy to carry, has good levels, and a great beam. I usually have both on me.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to vote for the Quark 123 Q3 5A emitter. Not the very smallest, but must be fairly close to it. Fantastic beam. Very versatile output choices. Very lego-able with AA and 17670 tubes, fwd- and rev- clicky tailcaps, and reasonably priced. Quarks really do kick butt! :thumbsup:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my opinion, the best is SUREFIRE E1B BACKUP.

It´s small (but not tiny), only (K.I.S.S.) 2 modes (low and high), TIR optics, forward clickie and built like a tank!

I love mine... :whistle:

If you need something smaller, my vote goes to QUARK 123.

Last edited:

MWClint

Enlightened
the cree EX10 modded with a high cri seoul p4 is a thing of beauty.
add a clip, Ti crenelated bezel and trit tube and it becomes a very useful edc light.

with the high cri p4, low becomes a little lower, which is much welcomed around the house , the beam is similar to a mcr-18s but a tad tighter.
A Seoul U2SWOH would be a good option as well.

Dutch

Enlightened
For small and high quality (which is my assumption for 'best,') Nautilus gets my vote too. I love mine.

RA Twisty is pretty small considering it's features and extreme "toughness."
3 levels; user adjustable
waterproof (66ft?)
WAY thick lens
tailstander
tough, crenelated bezel
great runtime
takes li Ion cells
reliable

You didn't state what your plans for the light will be...

Keychain? Light use? HEAVY use in harsh conditions?

Dutch

tabetha

Newly Enlightened
Pity you don't want a twisty, as the fenix P1D Q5 is ace, though not cheap.
It takes RCR's no problem, in 3v or 3.7v, I use both in mine without problem.
tabetha

Spence

Enlightened
I'm a collector/enthusiast and switch EDC's like my underwear, between AAA's, 123's and AA's in the various models I own. I've had no problems whatsoever with my EX10 or D10 and am very fond of my P1D Q5 and SF L1. I've just pulled the trigger on an EZ123 and love my EZAA. My advice is treat this like a hobby if you are developing an enthusiasm and buy different lights, one by one, and carry them for a while then try another one and so on. You'll have alot of fun researching, chatting here and awaiting delivery of your next prize as your collection grows. There are much worse things you could do with your time and money. Flashaholism is great, am I right?
:twothumbs:welcome::broke:

NE450No2

Enlightened
Selecting the BEST single CR123 light would depend on my primary use.
Is is for general purpose, around the house...
Is it for Traveling, Camping.
Will it be used in a Self Defense situation, as well as General Purpose.

Here are my thoughts.

I have and use a Sure Fire E1e Executive Elite. I carry it daily around my place and I never leave home without it. I like it so well I have a brand new spare, I have been using it for several years.
I like Incandescents, but I might consider the E1L for its longer run time.
Also the L1 is brighter than the E1L, which is better for a self devense light, and it still has a lower setting for General use.

The E1B is worth a look, especially if you wear a suit as it appears smoother than the others, ie easier on your clothes. Also its 2 way clip might prove handy.

It has a good runtime on its high setting and a very good runtime on its low setting.

These four would be the ones I would recommend you consider.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those who want the simplest of options.. the E1e, but with a Lumens Factory EO lamp in it, running on an RCR123 is pretty sweet. Rich, warm incan beam. Just one level, but very sweet and a nice momentary Surefire switch. I still use this running around the house at night (when I don't need the low low of a Quark or Liteflux) in spite of having dozens of other fantastic and much more versatile lights. The momentary and easy one click to constant is what makes it so useful... doesn't tailstand, but I have plenty of other lights for that task.

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'm a huge Surefire freak....The Nitecore EX10 gets a vote for me.
I was one of the first to purchase when they were released and it has not let me down yet! It has been my EDC since I got it out of the mailbox.

Mine has funtioned flawlessly and the infinately adjustable UI is excellent.

I replaced the Cree in mine with a Q3-5A and added a slotted piston with ice blue tritium vial. Later a pocket clip was added that works great!

Its been droped at high speed while on my mountain bike a few times, dropped from up on a ladder, taken a few dips in some puddles, and actually been treated quite ruff due it not being a very expensive light.

The low is the lowest low of any of my lights and the high is sufficiant and throws quite well!

After that , my choice would likely be any Surefire single cell light..:laughing:

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
The best CR123 light in my opinion is the Ti-PD-S.
The Bitz lights are a lot smaller and recommended if small size is crucial.

NE450No2

Enlightened
I am also ashamed to say, that in the last 4 months I have washed my E1e in the washing machine, TWICE.:eek:

This makes the third time, as I washed it a couple of years ago too. :huh:

Not the wifes fault, MINE.:sssh:

Glad to say, none of the washes hurt it one bit, it never leaked.:D

And I have the cleanest E1e around. :nana:

Latest posts