The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: The Lounge

Went to the airport to pick up mom today. While in the parking lot I met an older lady collecting the luggage carts for a quarter each. She patiently waited for me to finish unloading so she can politely come over to collect mine. I greeted her and we talked a little. She said she work at the airport but goes to work about 2 hours early each day so she can make the extra income collecting carts. The "overtime" gets her about $5-10 only. The whole time talking to me she smile with the most enthusiasm. I guess she collected a part of my heart with my cart :)

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice story Vinh. You meet some great people don't you, and such hard workers. She's obviously doing it tough but with a smile. It makes the world a better place!

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened

Didn't want to clutter the sale thread with questions so thought this would be the place to let my noob free.

Notice the P12GT is not on the website anymore and a quick search of the forum here did not find a sale/build thread. I have a stock P12GT, I like the little bit of throw and the ui but am curious about the changes that are dones to it.

Thanks.

ven

Flashaholic

Cant speak for that light as not read up on it, usually current bumps and choice of LED swaps with that type..........So instead of cool white, options maybe of a nicer tint and a bit more output etc!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Didn't want to clutter the sale thread with questions so thought this would be the place to let my noob free.

Notice the P12GT is not on the website anymore and a quick search of the forum here did not find a sale/build thread. I have a stock P12GT, I like the little bit of throw and the ui but am curious about the changes that are dones to it.

Thanks.
I also have the stock P12GT (through a group buy) and agree that it's a nice light. I'm also curious?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

OK so here goes. Just like freaking final destination the movie...

In Vietnam participating in traffic is like going battle. Never know when it's your time. Total opposite of law and order there. So My uncle drove her on a scooter to the market. They needed to buy a wheel chair for a family member. They could not afford it before Mom came home. I also got no idea how heck they plan to lug it home even dissembled. Anyhow, on the way there was a "truck" with a un-secured load of metal sheet roofing that look like this:

The load broke loose and slide all over the street in front of them. My uncle is a very good driver. I used to ride more than 4 different sport bikes over the years and was still impressed with his scooter maneuvering skills when I visit in 2009. Unfortunately things happened too quick and he could not get out of the way in time. The scooter lost traction and slide forward under the truck in the front. Uncle roll under the truck too. Mama however roll onto oncoming traffic, this time a true large size truck. So apparently the truck slam on the brakes and with crappy unpaved road traction it slid awhile. Mom rolled under the truck nose and coincidentally lined up with the right front wheel. A miracle happened and she said her arm barely touched the rubber before the truck halted. Just a bit more and she would at least lost her arm if not her life. Bystanders dragged her out. They said it was a true miracle and they was sure she was a goner as traffic was moving relatively fast. So yeah...both her and my uncle only suffer from bruises and scrapes. Nothing broken. She is a Buddhist so she decided to stay vegetarian for a month while there for the blessing.

Funny thing is just a couple days before the accident a neighbor physhics in the village came to visit and said that this year is her luck year. It only comes around every couple decades or so for her. LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.