The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Re: The Lounge

Download-File

I think think this would make a good one :)

ven

Flashaholic

Stunning, no wrist straps/clips in pics on the wall though:p

Seriously, the other is like a modern art type pic, really awesome!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Lux VS Candela

Lux is how bright the surface you are shining the light on will be

Candela measures the visible intensity from the light source

Example
1 Candela = 1 Lux at 1 meter

1 Candela = 1/4 Lux at 2 meters
1 Candela = 4 Lux at .5 meters

A single lux is equal to one lumen per square meter
A single candela is about the brightness one of candle

Last edited:

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened

I think it would be cool if you made an LED version of the WICKED LASERS TORCH, which was the brightest flashlight at its time that could also cause or make fires with it too. So it would be more of a show off light obviously, but I would buy one from you, so I could go camping then use it to make fires if I needed.

Saul Good

Enlightened

I think it would be cool if you made an LED version of the WICKED LASERS TORCH, which was the brightest flashlight at its time that could also cause or make fires with it too. So it would be more of a show off light obviously, but I would buy one from you, so I could go camping then use it to make fires if I needed.

That just doesn't sound like a good idea. "O wow look how dry the trees are this year! ...uh-oh....".
JK:)

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened

Stalking my email waiting for a Vinh light shipping confirmation is hard work.

Just saying.

ven

Flashaholic

Well there i no match for vinh, and he is certainly on fire at the moment.................

:p

drummer132132

Enlightened

New video up comparing throwers. Lights showed in order is TK76, K50vn Fiat Lux, TK75vnQ PDTc Fiat Lux, M30Cvn xp-g2 PDTc Fiat Lux. Sorry for the lengthy names but needed to be accurate. At some point when I get my MX25L3C back I'll do another video of that light comparing to others. Here is the link:

http://youtu.be/AEtGR7yXd5c

Enjoy

MaxBeam

Enlightened

New video up comparing throwers. Lights showed in order is TK76, K50vn Fiat Lux, TK75vnQ PDTc Fiat Lux, M30Cvn xp-g2 PDTc Fiat Lux. Sorry for the lengthy names but needed to be accurate. At some point when I get my MX25L3C back I'll do another video of that light comparing to others. Here is the link:

http://youtu.be/AEtGR7yXd5c

Enjoy
+1

Excellent video, short and to the point. Comparing the limits of their reach and how much field of view is lit up with closer view just by sweeping back and forth and no closer up clutter or other light sources to interfere. I was able to gain an excellent perspective on the beam usefulness of each light.
Having your camera setup behind and off to one side of the flashlights keeps the video from being washed out from light reflected off air particles coming straight back into the camera lens.
You picked a great location to do this!
That's one of the best ways to compare flashlight beams that I've seen!
Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks drummer132132, that shows the comparison between the 4 as well as I have seen in this type of video. Looks like an interesting place too. Well done.

Friendly suggestion time! Perhaps say the name of the light as you pick it up? But that's cool, I don't like recording my voice either. :)

ven

Flashaholic

Excellent vid, thanks for taking the time and as said great place for a shoot out. Got to love the Q's huge bright hot spot:cool:

drummer132132

Enlightened

Thanks drummer132132, that shows the comparison between the 4 as well as I have seen in this type of video. Looks like an interesting place too. Well done.

Friendly suggestion time! Perhaps say the name of the light as you pick it up? But that's cool, I don't like recording my voice either. :)

Yeah I'm not one to talk during my videos lol [emoji5]️. I did put in chat captions that you can see on a regular browser that shows each light is on for a few seconds. Not sure why they never pop up on a phone device /shrug.

Thanks all, looking forward to making a video with the MX25L3C. Want me to include the other throwers as well or just the MX25L3C?

drummer132132

Enlightened

Excellent vid, thanks for taking the time and as said great place for a shoot out. Got to love the Q's huge bright hot spot:cool:

Yeah the TK75vnQ is a fantastic light. Perfect for night hikes with the shoulder strap. Easily see in the distance when needed if my headlamp or M43 isn't good enough.

MaxBeam

Enlightened

Yeah I'm not one to talk during my videos lol [emoji5]️. I did put in chat captions that you can see on a regular browser that shows each light is on for a few seconds. Not sure why they never pop up on a phone device /shrug.

Thanks all, looking forward to making a video with the MX25L3C. Want me to include the other throwers as well or just the MX25L3C?

Please include some other throwers for comparison as well. That's helps us get a proper perspective of the brightness and usefulness of the beam.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

A few more things I need before I can do the flooders video review. This one will be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.