The Lounge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The Lounge

yeah, definitely avoid petroleum jelly. get yourself some nyogel. Im still using my first tube bought 10 years ago from lighthound (sure miss them!).
I bought this and it will not only will it last my lifetime, but my son will bequeath it to his children! LOL
567c46734a372f7218eb2fe1759ca4e8.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic

So what LED do you folks think Fenix will use in their TK61 replacement for supposedly coming out this year?

I'm hoping bare minimum xpl hi and perfect world being xhp35 hi.

What ever light it is for a thrower, the xhp35 HI would make the most sense, 5000k option would make a refreshing change too(maybe a little too much to ask of Fenix). But unless its going to be substantially bigger than the k70, i cant see them bringing anything fresh to the table.............2500/2600lm seems about the max for an xhp35(could be wrong)which we have in the k70vn. Acebeam seem to be catching Fenix for build quality to a very close point.

drummer132132

Enlightened

What ever light it is for a thrower, the xhp35 HI would make the most sense, 5000k option would make a refreshing change too(maybe a little too much to ask of Fenix). But unless its going to be substantially bigger than the k70, i cant see them bringing anything fresh to the table.............2500/2600lm seems about the max for an xhp35(could be wrong)which we have in the k70vn. Acebeam seem to be catching Fenix for build quality to a very close point.

Well the k70vn runs 585k lux, the new TN42 stock says 600k so I'm hoping with drivervnx2, which I guess can power xhp35 hi though not sure how, the tn42vn (since I highly doubt vinh passes on this one) will probably be 650k lux and whatever Fenix puts out could probably be modded to use xhp35 hi at around the same lux of the TN42vn. Guess we'll see.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow NL, didn't know you got one. You seem to have an unlimited light buying budget!

Yes. I spent about $4000 on lights and batteries since feb 2016. 85% v54. I like this light except i have to watch for voltage if i am not going to use it for long time.. This light is good. Moonlight is great.

ven

Flashaholic

Nice newlumen:cool:, i still buzz of the original mm15vn with the 2 MT-G2's and 5000k of flood. A light that feels nice in hand and the matte ano looks cool as well.

Not sure if newer versions are the same, but if storing for long periods , its a good idea to remove the cells due to parasitic drain(not an overnight thing, more a few months) so nothing major, just to be aware.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Eagtac mx25l4cvn is coming later.. Vinh mentioned on the forum that it take time to build eagtac.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks.. Football season is coming... You guys have any favorite player? One guy from my work told me joe callahan from packers is pretty good... I like to see dak prescott carry cowboys to playoff.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

David Johnson of the Arizona Cardinals is one of my favorites. He might be the best all-around running back in the NFL... just hope he stays healthy.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

hey guys, figured I'd hit up the brain trust here. just got my oveready dropin and want to try two cells in vinh's bored 6P. which 18350's x 2 will fit into this host? thanks!

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

hey wimmer, in your signature photo, I see three lights: the tain18500, mushondt aeon. what's the third one?

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

hey guys, figured I'd hit up the brain trust here. just got my oveready dropin and want to try two cells in vinh's bored 6P. which 18350's x 2 will fit into this host? thanks!

Vinh has some on his website that work great. I trust Vinh's batteries in evetything:)

Status
Not open for further replies.