• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2017

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
GT thrower looking good!

Holy smokes.. that's with the xhp 35 dome on.. crazy.

The beam shots were with the GT with XHP35 HI.

"Indeed there are some nice beamshots in the email, very nice indeed. It also has the XHP35 HI LED now as well:
I am getting very excited
love.png
" -Texas_Ace

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL and I missed this somehow.

The joke goes back to when a guy thought wimmer and I are the same guy. It was funny even Vihn checked in to say I know they are different guys because he mails lights to us. But the joke goes on.

I cant remember the guy. He was giving it to wimmer, then started on me. After he looked at our sign up dates he started the we are the same guy. Was very funny..

It's funny now.... but it was NOT funny at first. :laughing: But I think you've got this wrong! The way I take it, is that the whole thing was a practical joke from the beginning. Tab never actually thought we were the same guy. The best I can figure out is that Tab had made a comment that likely related to you and me being almost like twins or something... like maybe (jokingly) that we might be the same dude. I later got the impression that this took place in another area of the forum, but anyway, I think you must have replied and maybe played along.... or maybe you didn't know what the hell he was talking about and you just posted an emoji and moved on. lmao Who knows... maybe Tab remembers???

I think I remember Wimmer leaning into him pretty good in typical Wimm sarcastic fashion. Good times.

Well yeah, I think I got pretty gnarly with him at one point. I had to backtrack after I realized it was a joke... I mean I took the bait hook, line and sinker. For a minute, when Tab tried to explain the gag, I was like... oh poop what have I done. :laughing: I still kind of feel bad because I imagine that at some point, when I was ripping him a new one, that he was wishing he had thought this joke through a little further lol. My short term memory is terrible though so who knows what all really happened.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember it... was funny but awkward. And the Internet doesn't really allow take backs.

This is where it all started. It went on for several pages.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/5058774

Keep in mind there have been many good exchanges since. In other words, I'm not trying to rekindle the fire. All parties are good and have moved past; now it is a recurring joke only.

Ok yep I remembered wrong on what inspired Tab to begin with. Figured I would.lol

But yeah we're all good now for sure. Everybody's friends here at CPF!

man, im away on vacation and yall decide to rehash my trolling of wimmer?!?! we are actually facebook friends now, although, im not sure he is aware of it. btw, OG isnt on facbook. theyre more scrutinous of duplicate accounts there. still not fooled.

I hope I'm still around to hear the 10 years from now version of the story. ;)

Dude I thought that was you lol. When I got that friend request a while back I wasn't really sure. I won't post your real name, but just so I know who's who, does your FB page have a photo of a steak cooking on a grill? LMAO

KarstGhost

Enlightened
Hello friends,

It has been over 3 years since I've purchased a Vinh thrower. I have one of Vinh's original K40s and a BTU Shocker VN.

Wish I knew approx lux of these dudes, they can both hit tree lines about a half mile away or farther.

Anything in the K40 size that would put shame to what I have now? 4 x 18650 size is too big for me unless its pop can style light. But I'm good with 3 x 18650 size.

*Thank you*

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my first budget modded convoy c8 sst40 dedome today. This light is amazing.. tight hot spot and throw like a xpg2 pdt. Very bright..

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello friends,

It has been over 3 years since I've purchased a Vinh thrower. I have one of Vinh's original K40s and a BTU Shocker VN.

Wish I knew approx lux of these dudes, they can both hit tree lines about a half mile away or farther.

Anything in the K40 size that would put shame to what I have now? 4 x 18650 size is too big for me unless its pop can style light. But I'm good with 3 x 18650 size.

*Thank you*

Hello! Seems like most of the WOW lights are 4 x 18650 or even 4 x 6 cells and 4 x 8, but some of the 4 x 4 are considerably smaller than your K40vn. Take for example the TN40Svn, which has 8,700 lumens with 500k lux. I've never owned a K40 but I'm pretty sure the Thrunite is a lot smaller.

You can check out what's new at Vinh's website here... https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/tn40svn-high-output-thrower-r

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello friends,

*Thank you*

Not sure what you mean by k70 size, as I've never owned one.
If you are going for most throw, the t21vn will not disappoint. 2 x 18650 long and 500k lux!

The u21vn is another good light although it only does 320k lux.

The tn42vn is the King of throw but I think that is too big for you.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kindly advise where to get this C8 mod light. Thank you.

I got this from the blf.. the light cost $48 plus shipping.. this is something you will never see @ skylumen.. maybe never will.. cause this is a budget light..

Convoy c8 cost about $24, fet driver from mtnelectronics $10, led about $2, dedoming labor, solder joint on both springs, and bypass wire.. $38 in parts already...
Sst40 dedome tint doesn't shift much and output is 14 % better over xpl v6...

User interface is very easy to use.. while you are on low mode, half press the tailswitch then release will give you turbo mode.... Half press and release will go back to low mode.. very nice driver.

By the way, this light recommend Sony vtc6.. if you guys want his contact info, pm me.

Last edited:

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got this from the blf.. the light cost $48 plus shipping.. this is something you will never see @ skylumen.. maybe never will.. cause this is a budget light..

Convoy c8 cost about $24, fet driver from mtnelectronics $10, led about $2, dedoming labor, solder joint on both springs, and bypass wire.. $38 in parts already...
Sst40 dedome tint doesn't shift much and output is 14 % better over xpl v6...

User interface is very easy to use.. while you are on low mode, half press the tailswitch then release will give you turbo mode.... Half press and release will go back to low mode.. very nice driver.

By the way, this light recommend Sony vtc6.. if you guys want his contact info, pm me.

NewLumen--I thought of you when I saw these lights for sale--- This guy does some nice modding--- I think he might of been doing a Quick Sale-- He sold his last 3 lights for $75--one was a Quad with Bistro UI

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude I thought that was you lol. When I got that friend request a while back I wasn't really sure. I won't post your real name, but just so I know who's who, does your FB page have a photo of a steak cooking on a grill? LMAO
man i LOVE cooking outdoors. built a smoker in the back yard for smokin butts and ribs. then i built a fire pit for grilling steaks and what not. being in NC its 100% hickory wood obviously!

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
So funny seeing you all mostly chatting about BLF stuff here instead of just going over to the more friendly (and less regulated) forum and discussing it there...food for thought...
There's a few reasons I come here more often. The first being the format of the forum. I hate the format B*F uses, and really like CPF's format (when it works). The users here are just as friendly if not friendlier. There are a few thieves that were so bold here and on other forums that call that forum home. I now their are people like that everywhere, but it just irks me that they were so bold about and are huge parts of that forum.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey NL. The output on my Olight R50 Pro VN with the Shockli batteries is quite low. My guess is that it is not making enough contact. I'm probably only getting about 50% of the lumens that I get with the Olight proprietary battery.

Are you having the same results?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey NL. The output on my Olight R50 Pro VN with the Shockli batteries is quite low. My guess is that it is not making enough contact. I'm probably only getting about 50% of the lumens that I get with the Olight proprietary battery.

Are you having the same results?

Yea. I noticed that when I tried it out 4 days ago.. it could be the contact. I will try again tonight with the fully charged battery...