• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure Riku, I like acebeam a lot, but not sure or keen on this handle/fan. Looks horrid and out of place, also not impressed with this lumens race with imulent. Seems like the figures just keep being thrown out and to beat . Why all of a sudden 60k when originally 40k, Imulent show 53k, now it's 60k......how does 20k just appear? Why was it not 60k to start with if so easy. That's where I am at with the x70. Kind of dubious.....

Two members tested out the imalent ms12, and they got 50000 and 53000 lumen..

Nokoff

Enlightened
Banggood has those under their Astrolux branding. I do agree good looking 21700 host but so far CW only.

Same Lumen output as their S42/S43 line too....and the Manker E14 II which I don't believe they still do business with...odd coincidence eh.
f98ebd6ba0cc4af2b68694073bdd83f7.png

ven

Flashaholic
Two members tested out the imalent ms12, and they got 50000 and 53000 lumen..

Yes , I don't dispute the ms12 output, looks very impressive. It's the x70 40k , now 60k after the ms12 release that kind of makes me suspicious. No doubt acebeam are just driving harder, maybe LED lumens. Time will tell no doubt. Still having a 53k imalent, or getting Vinh to make it, I know where I would feel safer by a long way.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
X70 step down in 56 seconds. That light need a Vinh magic. In the mean time, ms12 substain turbo for 3 minutes despite the quality.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh glad to hear you've finally seen the (warm) light.
I tried a warm light during night riding in the virginia forest, makes it feel more like a nightmare than night riding, cool white for night riding it is. Warm light for the casual walk

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
5000k vs 4000k or even warmer can be equally as good, but which you prefer will depend on mood and what you're currently white-balanced too. You will probably prefer whichever has a better tint as well.

SKV89

Enlightened
For the longest time I was a CW fan and I am still am. However neutral tint grew on it. 4500-5000 Is usually the sweet spot. Even so I only reserved neutral for a couple of smaller flooders. Never have I thought warm tint make sense. Anything 4000K or warmer is too warm and only makes things more yellow. Then other day I sat by my kitchen table and notice the very nice warm tint from the ceiling light. That night sitting on my bed I also notice how nice and warm the night stand light was. Then I asked myself if I came to accept that warm tint really makes my house warm and cozy then why don't have ever gave warm tint a try in flashlights. Couple of days later pass and I decided to try a 3000K HCRI XHP35 HI in a T36vn. Boy was it incandescent warm. LEDs are not suppose to be this warm hahahah. But I made up my mind to give this tint a chance especially when the beam is 100% perfect in a T36vn. I used this light to check on the chickens at night, walk Bella out to do her thing, ceiling bounce in the shower and on my night stand. Now I am really starting to understand why warm tint is so popular. It grew on me slowly. But once I have accepted it I came to realized how pleasant and cozy everything felt. No I am not converted. I still prefer CW in throwers and neutral more than warm tint but the spell is broken. Yuji 3200K started it and now this XHP35 HI 3000K is really changing me. I am kinda nervous that once I get used to warmer tint CW will not be acceptable anymore… hahah..Nahhh…But still it's lovely to enjoy all the range of tints now. Cheers!

I'm glad you are giving warm tints a try. For me, I find 4000k to 5000k is more suitable in the daytime, which is what I use for my work lights, because our eyes are adjusted to daylight and warmer tints look overly orange at daytime. At night time, I use 2500k to 3000k because our eyes are adjusted to the typical 2700k-3000k ceiling fixtures. I read it takes about 30-45 minutes for your eyes to adjust. I bought Tiara Pro modded with 4xE21A 90CRI 2000k from Clemence and the first few nights I tried but couldn't get used to it so I put it away. Then recently I used it for checking on the kids at night or finding stuff without waking up the wife and found it works really well. It is much less disruptive to sleep and even when I turn it full blast and turn it off, it doesn't take away my night adapted vision as much compared to cooler temp lights. Two other advantages of warm cct is that it doesn't attract insects as much and can throw farther than CW lights. Texas_Ace said NASA asked him to mod a GT with as warm CCT as possible to maximize throw.

But despite I like warm/neutral CCT, I can't stand above the bbl tints (yellow or green). I prefer the Oslon 6500k tint over 4000k LH351D or 219C yellowish tint. From my observation, above the BBL tint makes even white objects look tinted, whereas at or below the BBL tint makes white surfaces remain pure white once your eyes are adapted to that temperature.

I wonder if you will like the WW Oslon Square 96CRI I will be sending you to swap

Nokoff

Enlightened
Warm is a good train to be on. I just ordered an SF36w 3000k...said to have the best ultra warm tint. My favorite LED drop-in, which brings to life the true wood color like an incan is an xpg 3000k 7A3 tint from Dave/NailbendeR IN LIKE 2011. My poor mans FM1909 (actual Incan) makes the trees come alive after throwing neutrals at them all the time. Yeah I'd say there are a lot of warm tint fans. If Acebeam made my X80 in warm I'd own one.

SKV89

Enlightened
The SF36W was my first 3000k light but after the first time I turned it on, I didn't like it and never used it again. It is too yellowish for me. Too far above the BBL. Now I have a bunch of 90CRI 3000k lights with 219B 9050, SST-20-W HD2 95CRI, E21A, and Cree XP-E HEW Q3 7A2 emitters. They are all at or below the BBL and looks warm without yellow. The 219B 9050 has a bit of yellow compared to the others. I like the 90CRI so much I ceiling bounce it at night for room lighting when watching TV or using the PC because the light quality is far better and more comfortable than my ceiling fixtures.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Thanks for the info! I hadn't seen the yellow in pics, too bad about that. I'm looking for more rosy tint like my old xpg but finding few.

Those all sound like good hi cri LEDs. What's your 3000k 9050 in?

SKV89

Enlightened
Thanks for the info! I hadn't seen the yellow in pics, too bad about that. I'm looking for more rosy tint like my old xpg but finding few.

Those all sound like good hi cri LEDs. What's your 3000k 9050 in?

Triple 219B 3000k 9050 in S2+ host. That was my night time EDC for half a year because the tint was so nice compared to the typical 3000k. I stopped using it now after I got the other rosy tinted WW. I have 219B 9050 4000k that I used to think look really nice compared to 219c 4000k. But after comparing with 219b 4000k 9080 version, I realize how mediocre the 9050 looks. 9080 version really looks SOOoo much better!

Last edited:

star_c_star

Enlightened
I just received my Acebeam X80UVvn.

This has 16 Nichia 365 nm UV LEDS, and 4 CREE XHP560.2 LEDs.

Vinh did a power boost to the 4 CREE LEDs, but didn't make any changes to the Nichia LEDs. This is an amazingly well made flashlight, and is quite small.

However, the 365 nm LEDs will cause fluorescence throughout a room even on low, and really light things up when on high. Also, the UV LEDs emit very little visible light.

VERY impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.