• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Lounge 2019

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
VINH! What's the scoop with those larger die mule pads you are showing off in the Thanksgiving Sale thread?!? Are those Lil Vortex derived/ is there any possibility to get them in one?

Not to sound like I doubt, but can the driverVNs drive that many XHP LEDs to yield their proper output?

Post 1 shows 2 iteration of the MT18vn Sky and MT18vn Lumen
They are both Mule
LEDs will sit on all the copper shown and will all be solder bonded for a continuous heat flow path
Number 20 borrow LilV Copper MCPCBs

The LEDs will of course not be driven to their absolute max potential but it will be driven as hard as 4 LEDs can give which is near max at Turn On since we will be running 2S and 4S setup. Prices are pretty nutty but prices for parts and labor is quite a bit also. I will work with the buyer to tailor the light to desire.

Ohhh and with that many LEDs in both set up the light should be crazy efficient at lower levels. Might do 5000-7000L for a long time with no heat issues since X80GTvn can do 4000L non stop and has FAR less copper HS.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Finally

Ol0JEgL.jpg

Soemthing like 2700 LUmen at turn on but it dropped fast. I cant recall the Kcd number now...

Any reason why smaller lights don't seem to be able to push out the max/high end output capability of LEDs? 1x18650 can't drive the SBT90.2 any harder? Err maybe it's a 21700, idk but yeah. What's the science behind that, or is it just coincidence and not relevant to size?

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any reason why smaller lights don't seem to be able to push out the max/high end output capability of LEDs? 1x18650 can't drive the SBT90.2 any harder? Err maybe it's a 21700, idk but yeah. What's the science behind that, or is it just coincidence and not relevant to size?

It's all about voltage. Or, mostly about voltage, and also about heat. I guess you could say size also matters, a larger light can fit a larger cell/ more cells, the more juice you have the larger the "pool" the driver can pull from and the bigger "splash" the light can make.

Read up about "voltage sag" and a lot more things will make sense quickly.

So essentially, we have LEDs with so much capability that they cant be powered by single smaller high drain cells anymore?

1x18650 regardless of cell type cannot send an SBT90.2 to its limits?
1x21700? " "
1x26650? " "

SKV89

Enlightened
Post 1 shows 2 iteration of the MT18vn Sky and MT18vn Lumen
They are both Mule
LEDs will sit on all the copper shown and will all be solder bonded for a continuous heat flow path
Number 20 borrow LilV Copper MCPCBs

The LEDs will of course not be driven to their absolute max potential but it will be driven as hard as 4 LEDs can give which is near max at Turn On since we will be running 2S and 4S setup. Prices are pretty nutty but prices for parts and labor is quite a bit also. I will work with the buyer to tailor the light to desire.

Ohhh and with that many LEDs in both set up the light should be crazy efficient at lower levels. Might do 5000-7000L for a long time with no heat issues since X80GTvn can do 4000L non stop and has FAR less copper HS.

Too bad there are no good tinted XHP50.2 90CRI emitters that I know of. Otherwise I would buy the MT18. With 49 XHP50.2, it would be running in the efficient range even at turbo. Maybe twice as bright as X80GT especially with the 8x18650 tube.

Huh..?! That's heat treated? The FW3A?!? HOW IS IT SO BLUE! My goodness I am in love! AWESOME job, looks like cerakote hypershift but better and way cheaper and durable!! What a winner!

How much output out that Lil Vortex using Convoy S12? 10k lumens? Or still much loss from the deeper head?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
ToolVN 14500 Kick ***!!!

• White2 5400K Max Perf: 700L, 18Kcd, 268m
  • XHP50.2 6500KMax Per: 1600L, 6Kcd, 155m
72uhXHU.jpg

UpKkRen.jpg

OeHZtMA.jpg

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow 1600lm on a single 14500. IIRC my D25Cvn w/ 50.2 maxes around 1100lm (though a very floody 1100lm). What cell are you using? Surely one of the higher-Amp 14500s?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I want to get my first shotgun!

Maverick 88

or

Shockwave with shoulder brace?

Anyone have these?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Buds gun shop has the 8+1 Mossberg 590A1 on sale for $379. I just got one. Love it. I also own a Maverick and have a shockwave I haven't shot yet.

The 590A1 is the "milspec" Mossberg. Thicker barrel, metal trigger housing. Ghost ring sights.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Ha ha yep just got the 590A1. Looks like the price has gone up a bit. I don't make it to the range as much as I would like. Kids and work keep my free time to almost zero. Lol.

My maverick88 I've had almost 20 years. I love it. I put a 18" barrel on it. I got a ton of shots thru it.

Patriot

Flashaholic
You can't go wrong with either one of those but the shockwave with brace would be a great home or vehicle shotgun. I only own 870 pumps but have fired a lot of 590's. They're work horses.

Patriot

Flashaholic

This is probably one of the best looking lights I've ever seen. The naturally sleek shape of the FW3 combined with the V54 treatment, is just incredible. The clip has just enough uniformity of pattern and tasteful character without being distractingly distressed. The rustic, polished ToolVN AA for example just isn't my thing.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mossberg Shockwave is on my want list, because of its special classification.

Various entities and individuals and officials in my town have been informed by me that if ambush vicious animal attacks continue while I am walking down the street, that I intend to upgrade my defenses.

---------------
It is lawful for a person to take lethal action before it is too late to successfully repel an imminent animal attack threat of bodily harm.