The lounge 2104 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.marquardt

Enlightened
Re: The V54 Lounge.

Understanding Engineers #8
An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket.
The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and stay with you for one week."
The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.
The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want."
Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.
Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess and that I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"
The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog - now that's cool."

HAHA! funny and kinda true. I'm a mechanical engineer and I'm terrible about spending much time with my girlfriend.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I bought 25' of GITD paracord yesterday :)
I'm trying to figure out what to make with it.
Maybe a keychain so I can find my keys in the dark?
Stuff is expensive ha ha
Pretty cool though.
A few seconds under a Vinh light and it glows super bright.
Ty

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I bought 25' of GITD paracord yesterday :)
I'm trying to figure out what to make with it.
Maybe a keychain so I can find my keys in the dark?
Stuff is expensive ha ha
Pretty cool though.
A few seconds under a Vinh light and it glows super bright.
Ty

That does sound pretty cool. Yeah, that might be useful to put even just a little strip on a keychain. You could also put it on a light if you can attach it to a lanyard or something maybe.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm an engineer! Civil engineer to be specific, currently working in traffic engineering. Studying RIGHT now for my PE exam in April!

revilo951

Newly Enlightened

@tyxxvxl A quick paracord question - I want to make a simple small loop lanyard for my i3s. What is the lowest profile knot? I hate big bulky knots.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm just depends anything from just like a slip knot, half hitch there are tons.
A standard cobra/solomon knot lays pretty flat.
Just look up knot how to's on the net and just play around and see what one you like best :)

lumentia

Enlightened
Re: What VN (or other)lights do you have in your vehicle?

I've got the tubevn in my pocket and I pick a different light every week to take to the car show with me. I can't use metal flashlights at work, not good in a power station :) I have been favoring the Z1vn lately due to its flood and throw in one! Thanks Vinh!!!
Which version do you have?

What cars do you show? The one in your avatar?

drillbitz11

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The search for a 10 amp switch for P-60. CQvn owners, you need this

Does he seem to have adequate stock? Only asking because from what I saw in his post was 17 available in a post from 2013? If he does that's great. You gotta love this forum!

lpphreakx06

Newly Enlightened

Business end...
sgmbpdh.jpg

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: The search for a 10 amp switch for P-60. CQvn owners, you need this

Hey guys,

Here's a quick reminder. Tofty's 10A switches were designed for the SolarForce S1 tail-caps. These are NOT thread compatible in SureFire tail-caps. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't buy the switch. :)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm an engineer! Civil engineer to be specific, currently working in traffic engineering. Studying RIGHT now for my PE exam in April!

funny how many engineers we have here... I am actually a registered land surveyor that dabbles in engineering as well... mostly highway work for the CT DOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts