The lounge 2104 (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened
Re: The V54 Lounge.

Have to send my D25Cvn back as it has odd issue, likely a short in tail-cap area, but while it is in I am thinking of having a HCRI 219installed? Im hopeing to keep it a pocket rocket with the current drive level's and I know I would losse lux and lumens. But as its a close range / Mid range EDC (Under 25M) I dont think this is an issue. Im thinking: Pro: Better tint, better beam shape (Wider hotspot), better CRI. Cons: lower lumens and lux but this is fine by me. What do you guys think?? I have a XPG2 installed currently I think.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have to send my D25Cvn back as it has odd issue, likely a short in tail-cap area, but while it is in I am thinking of having a HCRI 219installed? Im hopeing to keep it a pocket rocket with the current drive level's and I know I would losse lux and lumens. But as its a close range / Mid range EDC (Under 25M) I dont think this is an issue. Im thinking: Pro: Better tint, better beam shape (Wider hotspot), better CRI. Cons: lower lumens and lux but this is fine by me. What do you guys think?? I have a XPG2 installed currently I think.

the 219b isnt really that many less lumen than an xpg2

if its an xpg2 de-domed the 219b will most likely have more lumens, just less throw.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

Hmm ok, that sounds awsome then, might make the beam a lot thicker to as it would be dome on, so only really loose lux, could become a perfect EDC then so long as vinh can do this, battery life will decrease or not? I know warmer leds are less edfficent but if drive levels are the same runtime should be same? and heat ect, so Ill actually gain more CRI, better tint, More lumen's, more useable beam, just less lux but thats what I want to achive, looks like it could be a good move!!! Ill see what vinh says then when I send it back. Thanks!

whtwalker

Newly Enlightened

I had the HCRI 219 installed on my first D25cvn. I compared it to a friend's stock nichia 219 D25c and it was about the same, I would say the mod was a bit less than the stock. I had to send it back. The D25cvn got hot almost instantly, compared to the stock D25c. I tested with several matching brands of cr123's and rcr 16340's. I ended up with the XPG2 dedomed. There was a drastic difference in output and throw with my XPG2 than the HCRI. The output and throw was extremely noticeable and the new modded XPG2 did a lot better with the heat. I might of had a bad mod for the first D25cvn, but my current D25cvn XPG2 dedome is one of my top 3 favorite pocket lights.

Hmm ok, that sounds awsome then, might make the beam a lot thicker to as it would be dome on, so only really loose lux, could become a perfect EDC then so long as vinh can do this, battery life will decrease or not? I know warmer leds are less edfficent but if drive levels are the same runtime should be same? and heat ect, so Ill actually gain more CRI, better tint, More lumen's, more useable beam, just less lux but thats what I want to achive, looks like it could be a good move!!! Ill see what vinh says then when I send it back. Thanks!

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I think I might have sold my mom on buying a vinh light ha ha
I was showing her my TK75vn last night and today she has been having me show her all of vinh's lights :)
She said she's willing to spend like $150 on a light that is comperable to the TK75vn KT.
Pretty cool :)

She wants it to have more flood than throw but still wants some hot spot.
What would you guys suggest?
Thanks,

Last edited:

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

Hmm food for though, bit odd that a current bumped D25C would not be much brighter than a stock one...Might stick with the XPG2 Dedome then...maby vinh can chime in if he sees this? Its going in for a inspection anyways, just thought it might be a good chance to play around with it a bit, I love it as is anyway's, just not the best for close up EDC lol, but big wow from evryone I know.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was showing her my TK75vn last night and today she has been having me show her all of vinh's lights :)
She said she's willing to spend like $150 on a light that is comperable to the TK75vn KT.

Thanks,

TK75vn, dome on. Or maybe the K40Mvn dome on, or the X40vn Dedomed, or the MX25L3vn mtg2 dome on.

If she like the KT, she'll probably like all of those.

Harder part will be to teach her about lithium batteries.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

^ No need, get some good protected cells and a good charger and no risk then, just has to keep an eye on it and keep them togeather so they stay mached or better yet single cell light. If she was useing a light that need's mulitpal unportected imr cells than yhea, bit of learning to do, but she uses lion's every day why should she have to worry about the one in her torch!! Wich is likely of far better quality than the battery in her laptop or phone!!!! And it will be protected. Meh, to much scare story's IMO, only need to worry with unporteced's, just commen sense is all.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't entirely agree with that. I mean with just one light, and protected, good batteries like the ncr18650b, one set of batteries, one tested charger, yes the risk is relatively small, but I would still explain to recycle the batteries if there is any physical damage to them.

ESayre

Newly Enlightened

TK75vn, dome on. Or maybe the K40Mvn dome on, or the X40vn Dedomed, or the MX25L3vn mtg2 dome on.

If she like the KT, she'll probably like all of those.

Harder part will be to teach her about lithium batteries.

The X40vn Dedomed would solve part of the lithium battery issue due to its ability to self-charge. I believe it would be a great choice.:)

ryanferg

Newly Enlightened

Do you guys think the charger on the Sr52vn makes it a better or worse gift light? I guess what I'm asking is, using quality batteries, I'm not going to be accidentally blowing up my brother in laws house by giving him this light, right?

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have taught her about batteries.
And thanks for the recomends guys!

ven

Flashaholic

Do you guys think the charger on the Sr52vn makes it a better or worse gift light? I guess what I'm asking is, using quality batteries, I'm not going to be accidentally blowing up my brother in laws house by giving him this light, right?

imo it makes a great gift light,other than the built in charging,easy UI and a nice size/output too. Decent protected cells,little run through the safety side regardless of built in safety precautions of light/cells and happy days/nights :)

mund

Newly Enlightened

Thanks,

Mom is going to be the envy of all the ladies on Bingo Night dark walks home....

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lol not my mom ha ha
She's tough. I honestly can't think of a time when she has worn a dress.
Put it this way my mom taught me how to put up sheet rock and how to wire up a house :)
She has a bigger tool collection than I do.

CyclingSalmon14

Enlightened

Lol not my mom ha ha
She's tough. I honestly can't think of a time when she has worn a dress.
Put it this way my mom taught me how to put up sheet rock and how to wire up a house :)
She has a bigger tool collection than I do.

Is she single?????

Jking!!!!!

Yhea some general pointers are always good such as not using damaged cells I kind of assumed that would be a given ahaha, forgive me I just meant no need to start a class on it as some people on here can go way OTT, and paranoid about it (not saying you are)

Anyways!! Can't wait to order another VN!!!!

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok $150-175 limit.
Good flood and throw.
Multiple leds if possible.
SR52vn? A little over the price limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts