The Lounge Jan-June 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumentia

Enlightened
Re: The 2015 Lounge

Sand blasting fun. Ugly but its first trial ...

Vinh, try making a mask out of a Fairly thick rubber inner tube, and glue it down to the light with rubber cement. That way it follows the unevenness of the lights contours perfectly. They etch/ engrave tombstones by sand blasting using a rubber mask/stencil.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh, try making a mask out of a Fairly thick rubber inner tube, and glue it down to the light with rubber cement. That way it follows the unevenness of the lights contours perfectly. They etch/ engrave tombstones by sand blasting using a rubber mask/stencil.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Oh and try not to breathe dust from silica sand. Bad stuff when it gets in your lungs. I've breathed in far too much bad stuff in my life and I'm paying for it now. Sucks.

I put in a vacume and it works like a dream. When I first got the machine my house was filled with dust from just a small project

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast

DJI stuff is very good but its like the apple of the RC quad world or the GoPro of the camera world...nice kit and goof for Aerial photography but much cheaper also high quality options to be had.

My quad is a cheaper one its a Blade 350 QX2 (not the lastest model) and I took it for its first flight in the pitch black field and survived XD...HL55 helped a lot...it was a late Xmas PREZZIE.

I HIGHLY suggest you go to RCgroup fourm or Helifreak fourms to get more info as it can be duanting for a newbi As lots to take in.

Cheapest way is to build your own quadcopter.

As good as DJI are Id not recomend them to the beginner due to cost start cheao and work your way up.

Goodluck! Its insanely fun...id evan say more so than collecting lights...shhh you never heard that fom me...lights are the best honest!!!

A good way to start is a Hubsan mini quad to learn the basics of flight.
Okay after some research I'm DEFINITELY going with a Blade 350 QX2 or QX3 over the Phantom, thanks for the suggestion to delve deeper!

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yooo been busy huh? :)

Ha Ha yea man.
Work mostly. Been super busy.
Then being a dad and trying to get orders filled :)
O BTW in honor of Vinh's story about the Terminator and Skynet I made a Terminator inspired design :)
I'm calling it the T-1000 ha ha
I'll post up some pics in a bit.
Thanks
Ty

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

What's up brews!!
Sorry I haven't been around bugging you guys like always.
So I was working on a new design last night and I was thinking about Vinh's story he told a little while ago.
He mentioned Skynet from the Terminator movies and it kinda inspired me to make a Terminator design ha ha
So here it is, I'm going to call it the T-100 :)
Tell me what ya think
Thanks
Ty

O and I had to throw in a pic of my V54 collections just to show off a bit ha ha

ven

Flashaholic

WOW Ty,awesome stuff,love the bracelets a lot................i remember when you started out with the vinh lights.............look at you now:cool:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ha Ha thanks man!!
I love my collection. Somtimes I just sit there looking at them and forget how many I have ha ha.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great design! I like that one a whole lot. And that's a pretty crazy collection!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I love the bracelet! Looks very manly...Or should I say Machine!

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ha Ha, Thanks Vinh!!
Your story inspired me to make it LOL
Skynet comissioned me to make paracord bracelets for all of thier new Terminators ha ha ha

thenorway

Enlightened

Ty,
Nice job on that color scheme. The one you did for my Boston looks great.
Your collection is coming along nicely. I also remember when you just one, you have come a long way.
Enjoy them!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Ha Ha, Thanks Vinh!!
Your story inspired me to make it LOL
Skynet comissioned me to make paracord bracelets for all of thier new Terminators ha ha ha

LOL cuteee

Hows the para cord business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts