• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Malkoff Junkie Official M91BN Group Buy Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuelleric

Enlightened
I think as the M91 is quite a special application drop-in, Gene would be okay to make a combined run (4000 K and 5000 K) of 25 Modules for us. Still 5 more than 20 for only one color temperature and no difference in effort for him.

greatscoot, would you mind to ask Gene once again? I for example would pass if only 5000 K would be offered, as it does not fit to my other lights. So everyone should be better of with a combined run, Gene and us. Thanks.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shame that the number of surveyed didn't follow through to the group buy. I wish I had cause for a 5000K but I'd just go grab a warm on sale if the 4000K were no longer feasible. Sorry guys :/

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given the numbers we have, I will ask Gene if he will do the run as is. It would still be nice to get a couple more takers. As dotCPF says, we had (taken with a grain of salt) 22 and 17 respond to the poll.

bignc

Enlightened
I have never done a group buy before and really did just stumble in to both the poll and this thread. If there was a way to get more visibility? Again, group buy newb (here anyway) so not sure how it's normally done. I mean I didn't go search "Malkoff Devices M91 neutral or warm emitter group buy. "

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Looks like we kinda plateaued here. Shame. Would of been cool. I'm not giving up but unfortunately it doesn't look like we're going to hit our goal.

nimdabew

Enlightened
This is weird. Gene let me do a total of 10+ dropins, and we were able to do 5 4000k and 12 3000k. Maybe he needs it since he is supplying the LEDs and the last group buy was buyer supplied LEDs.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is weird. Gene let me do a total of 10+ dropins, and we were able to do 5 4000k and 12 3000k. Maybe he needs it since he is supplying the LEDs and the last group buy was buyer supplied LEDs.

No difference here, I am supplying the LED's but he wanted 20 of each. Ideally I would like a couple more takers, but I will reach out to Gene to see if he will do the run with the number we have now.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Will the dropin fit and work in a standard bezel (non-AVS) Elzetta 3-Cell? Similar to the way the M61 fits the Elzetta standard bezel 2-cell if you buy a lens kit?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the dropin fit and work in a standard bezel (non-AVS) Elzetta 3-Cell? Similar to the way the M61 fits the Elzetta standard bezel 2-cell if you buy a lens kit?

Yes, it will fit an Elzetta body's drop-in socket and work well with one of the non-AVS bezels. I've come to prefer the low profile one.

I will happily wait another week (or more) for more people to join in.

wweiss

Enlightened
Yes, thank you for your efforts to make the buy happen. To bad some people don't stand behind their word....

tyu

Newly Enlightened
Shame that the number of surveyed didn't follow through to the group buy.
To bad some people don't stand behind their word....

This is off-topic, sorry, but I don't find these comments particularly helpful or fair. Details regarding the buy were not available.

I voted in the poll and later decided I was no longer interested based on the emitter choices (my preference is for high CRI). I could not find a way to remove my vote, so it still stands.

(I did ultimately decide I would be in for 1, but that's not relevant.)

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Yes, it will fit an Elzetta body's drop-in socket and work well with one of the non-AVS bezels. I've come to prefer the low profile one.

I will happily wait another week (or more) for more people to join in.

Thanks for the info! In that case, count me in on a 5000k or if need be to make it a go, the 4000k. I have an older ZFL 3-cell that can come out of mothballs...

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE:
I am going to keep this buy open a little longer (until the 17th). In the meantime I will check in with Gene to see if we can move forward with this at the quantities we have and will post what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.