The NEW H502 "Wet Poll" - Is Your H502 Waterproof?

Is your H502 Waterproof?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Nothing timid about it I only have 2 ZLs 1 is out for repair right now and I don't feel like soaking the other 1 in water having it possibly fail and having to ship that 1 out and waiting another 6 to 8 weeks for ZL to return it under warranty replacement.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

rojos

Enlightened
I'd rather find out immediately and rectify the problem straight away.

Do I dunk out-of-warrantee lights? Not on your life!

Yup. Better to find out now while it's under warranty than later when it's out of warranty.

Would be nice if Zebralight's warranty was 3 years instead of just one. That would help a lot with peace of mind.

Last edited:

Cavannus

Newly Enlightened
My H502w has just survived a complete cycle in my washing machine. Complete cycle included the highest "white" temperature mode, pre-wash, extra-rince (edit: no spin though).

It seems that mine is actually waterproof, I don't see any trace of moisture behind the lens or in the battery compartment and it works normally.
:twothumbs

Last edited:

pyro1son

Newly Enlightened
My H502w has just survived a complete cycle in my washing machine. Complete cycle included the highest "white" temperature mode, pre-wash, extra-rince, highest spin mode.

It seems that mine is actually waterproof, I don't see any trace of moisture behind the lens or in the battery compartment and it works normally.

I think that should be the new IPX8 standard :D

Cavannus

Newly Enlightened
:sssh:
Actually I didn't dare to test my Zebra under the shower -- so when I saw the lamp behind the window of the washing machine, I thought I had to buy a new one! I saw it during the rince phase, so I just had time to turn off the spin mode.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Nothing timid about it I only have 2 ZLs 1 is out for repair right now and I don't feel like soaking the other 1 in water having it possibly fail and having to ship that 1 out and waiting another 6 to 8 weeks for ZL to return it under warranty replacement.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

He does have a point.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I am going to go ahead and raise this thread up, I just got my H502c a few days ago.
It worked great on a campout over the weekend using it as a flashlight even though it was below freezing and I was probably not getting more than 70 lumens out of the alkaline battery. Well Today I went ahead and took it into a hot tub and also a swimming pool.
It was at about 1 meter depth continuous for over 30 minutes (with a lot of button pressing to change modes) and at one point more than 2 meters for a few seconds in cold (55 F) water. I have it with me now and there is no sign of moisture behind the window or in the battery compartment. The tailcoat has a very robust o-ring so I was mostly worried about the head at the aperture and button.

I think that this light will serve me well for a while, and I think that I would buy another one if it needs upgrading or replacing.