The Official Zebralight Thread .

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not good :(

Did you happen to see the part where I mentioned it does not have to do with the cold at all? So there's definitely a defect.

pc_light, can I have my SC600w III HI back? :D

Ah, I did not see that. Well maybe mine is not triggered by the cold either. It has cut out on me a few more times since sending that msg. Zebralight responded a few min ago. They just said send the light back to them, nothing more. I responded with a request for them to address my last complaint regarding H1 not looking any brighter in the new model. I know my msg to them shows a bit of my irritation. I was expecting a brighter flashlight since they advertised it as brighter. None of this changes the fact that I still think the SC600w HI is the greatest flashlight ever made. I hope they get the kinks worked out before these get in the hands of people less forgiving.

markr6

Flashaholic
I mentioned them being the same brightness in a thread (or this one?) after comparing them as well. Not a huge deal to me, just an observation. The change isn't enough to notice I guess. I do like the new UI. Leaning towards trying another one...

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
quite a surprise that my H53w doesn't come with AR glass, why? We pay a lot for "Premium" flashlights and the manufacturer tries to save money in the flashlight parts, how much is de difference between an AR and normal glass, $0.5?

markr6

Flashaholic
I mentioned them being the same brightness in a thread (or this one?) after comparing them as well. Not a huge deal to me, just an observation. The change isn't enough to notice I guess. I do like the new UI. Leaning towards trying another one...

They responded and I got an RMA, so I'll get a refund. Still not decided on what to get. The III again or another IV. I feel like they may be pushing these too hard to be reliable. I don't want a light that has to have the freshest, best, fully charged battery every time I go to use it on high. My III was reliable even on fairly old cells, should have kept it!

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
Shipping label was created almost 48 hours ago but hasn't been given to USPS. Normal?

markr6

Flashaholic
Shipping label was created almost 48 hours ago but hasn't been given to USPS. Normal?

Usually just 1 day. Maybe the USPS system just didn't update it yet. Wouldn't surprise me; it's pretty useless in general.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I hope so! Im hoping to get it by the 23rd but I know that is probably unlikely being in California. Wanted it before Christmas lol.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope so! Im hoping to get it by the 23rd but I know that is probably unlikely being in California. Wanted it before Christmas lol.

Consider yourself lucky to be in the US. I just ordered a SC600w mkIV HI, using EMS shipping to Canada. That will take 2 weeks to get here. Probably 3 weeks, based on prior EMS shipping from China, and I doubt Zebralight gets things here any faster. And that's if I'm lucky, and customs doesn't sit on it for another 1-2 weeks. Even DHL can take up to 2 weeks to get here (though usually it's about a week).

Best way to buy items from China is to order and forget. You get a nice surprise a few weeks later.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
They responded and I got an RMA, so I'll get a refund. Still not decided on what to get. The III again or another IV. I feel like they may be pushing these too hard to be reliable. I don't want a light that has to have the freshest, best, fully charged battery every time I go to use it on high. My III was reliable even on fairly old cells, should have kept it!

They are definitely not pushing them too hard Mark. The XHP35 is capable of 1800+ lumens without overdriving or going over Cree's recommended limits and ZL never over drives emitters. You just got a lemon. I would just try another one.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weird. Last time I did ems it took a few days to Canada.

If I watch the tracking, it takes almost a week to get from Vancouver to the east. I think it's Canada Post that handles it the whole way in Canada?

I think the biggest delay can be customs, though. Sometimes stuff flies right through. Other times, it sits for almost 2 weeks.

DHL I've had take only a couple of days. Other times, a couple of weeks. Too expensive for such a variance, IMO.

I don't find EMS much faster than regular (free) China Post, on average. But, sometimes China Post can take 2 months if I'm unlucky, so it's more of a gamble.

markr6

Flashaholic
They are definitely not pushing them too hard Mark. The XHP35 is capable of 1800+ lumens without overdriving or going over Cree's recommended limits and ZL never over drives emitters. You just got a lemon. I would just try another one.

Thanks. I'll give the IV another try.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I'll give the IV another try.

Markr6,

If I were you I'd get the Mk IV as well. The new UI is AWESOME!! Other than that, same light as the Mk III. Hope you don't get another dud. I just sent my Mk III back to them today, and am hoping for the a good one too. Luckily my Mk IV is a 100%.

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I got it today!!! The size of this flashlight is mins blowing. It's my first Zebralight so I didn't quite grasp how small everyone said they were. The mail clerk handed me my package and I was like, "wait...what..." -- I was worried lol. I have the cells charging and can't wait to try it out.

This new clip everyone seems to hate is great btw. Without knowing the old one I can't find any issues. Fits well into my work pants and slides out just fine. No hitches or anything.

It turns out USPS
's online tracking is crap like someone mentioned. It hadn't updated since the 19th and didn't until it arrived at my local post office.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it today!!! The size of this flashlight is mins blowing. It's my first Zebralight so I didn't quite grasp how small everyone said they were. The mail clerk handed me my package and I was like, "wait...what..." -- I was worried lol. I have the cells charging and can't wait to try it out.

This new clip everyone seems to hate is great btw. Without knowing the old one I can't find any issues. Fits well into my work pants and slides out just fine. No hitches or anything.

It turns out USPS
's online tracking is crap like someone mentioned. It hadn't updated since the 19th and didn't until it arrived at my local post office.
Which light did ya get Joe? Also, please let us know what you think once you break it in.

Latest posts