The Official Zebralight Thread .

sc00ts19

Newly Enlightened
I've noticed that my h53c will flash once when I tighten down the tailcap. I can loosen the tailcap, click the button, then tighten the tailcap and it will flash. My sc64w does not do this at all. The h53 will also flash about every 12-15 seconds when the battery gets low, does the sc64 do this too? I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Would this be a difference in the driver due to the different battery types?

Nuppet

Newly Enlightened
I've noticed that my h53c will flash once when I tighten down the tailcap. I can loosen the tailcap, click the button, then tighten the tailcap and it will flash. My sc64w does not do this at all. The h53 will also flash about every 12-15 seconds when the battery gets low, does the sc64 do this too? I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Would this be a difference in the driver due to the different battery types?

I've not noticed the low battery flashing, but my AA ZL blinks with loosen/tighten tailcap while my 18650 ZL does not.

guardrail

Newly Enlightened
Received my SC600w Mk IV, H53Fc and SC5c Mk II this week. Without having tested them that much, everything seems fine (still haven't tried the new UI or any longer runtimes). But, I found an irritating failure in the switch of the H53Fc and the SC5c II: the black layer of the button is not 100%. When the light is on, light is visible through part of the switch button (see attached images). Is this a known phenomena? Couldn't find anything on here by searching the forum, but I could have missed it. If anyone else have experienced this, did you contact ZL, and what did they say about it?

zlsc5cii-button-01.jpg

zlh53fc-button-01.jpg

NPL

Enlightened
I have the same "issue" on my h53c and h600fc mk4. Zebralight has already responded saying that it is not an issue and that the button allows some light to go thru. No big deal

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SC600 IV plus also allows some light through the switch.

I figure that this an intended design change, so that you have an extra indicator the light is on.

recDNA

Flashaholic
My SC600 IV plus also allows some light through the switch.

I figure that this an intended design change, so that you have an extra indicator the light is on.
The guy at ZL wishes he thought of claiming that flaw to be a "feature"

guardrail

Newly Enlightened
I have the same "issue" on my h53c and h600fc mk4. Zebralight has already responded saying that it is not an issue and that the button allows some light to go thru. No big deal

OK cool, thanks for the info :)

Dio

Newly Enlightened
My SC64 doesn't seem to do this, nor does my SC5w or SC53Fc...the AA lights must be at least 6 months old however, and the SC64 would be about a month old..

If you compare to an older model, does the rubber switch boot feel thinner or like a different rubber compound perhaps?

guardrail

Newly Enlightened
If you compare to an older model, does the rubber switch boot feel thinner or like a different rubber compound perhaps?

I only have an SC32w to compare with, and it was really hard to tell any significant difference by neither visual appearence nor tactile feeling.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SC64 doesn't seem to do this, nor does my SC5w or SC53Fc...the AA lights must be at least 6 months old however, and the SC64 would be about a month old..

Feels the same.

likethevegetable

Enlightened
I have light leakage on both my H53c and H600Fc IV.. the ZL rep said it is a nonuniformity in the pigmentation process. The rubber is originally transparent and dyed black.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
This leakage of light through the switch is unacceptable.
Why did it not occur before and why is it happening now?
Don't let standards drop, please.

Dio

Newly Enlightened
This leakage of light through the switch is unacceptable.
Why did it not occur before and why is it happening now?
Don't let standards drop, please.

I second that!

Either they stopped adding some sort of barrier to keep light out of the switch area OR the process which the rubber boots are made has changed OR the compound of the rubber boot has changed. I' sure there are other possibilities but those are the three obvious ones IMO..

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my SC600w Mk IV, H53Fc and SC5c Mk II this week. Without having tested them that much, everything seems fine (still haven't tried the new UI or any longer runtimes). But, I found an irritating failure in the switch of the H53Fc and the SC5c II: the black layer of the button is not 100%. When the light is on, light is visible through part of the switch button (see attached images). Is this a known phenomena? Couldn't find anything on here by searching the forum, but I could have missed it. If anyone else have experienced this, did you contact ZL, and what did they say about it?

zlsc5cii-button-01.jpg

zlh53fc-button-01.jpg

Weird. My sample of SC5c exposes nearly no light at all. I need to hide in a dark room to notice a barely visible glow near the edge of the button.

Fespe

Newly Enlightened
Today I checked both my flashlight after reading the post about light leakage from the switch and my sc600w VI have none, but my sc5w mkII have some leakage. But if I didn't read this problem I probably never noticed it.