The Official Zebralight Thread .

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really wish they would put more effort into an actual selection of CCTs and more 519a options from their common lights and headlamps. Would also be nice to add li-ion support back into the AA model. This new 504r seems like a waste of time

They currently have 6 handheld lights and 11 headlamps. Still awesome lights and I guess it still keeps McBob busy with emitter swaps

Last edited:

tonkem

Enlightened
Really wish they would put more effort into an actual selection of CCTs and more 519a options from their common lights and headlamps. Would also be nice to add li-ion support back into the AA model. This new 504r seems like a waste of time

They currently have 6 handheld lights and 11 headlamps. Still awesome lights and I guess it still keeps McBob busy with emitter swaps
The definitely don't cater to all. They are trying to keep the number of lights they produce to a minimum. At least that is what they told me. Lowering the amount of skus. I like the higher output lights with a higher CCT of 5700 or above, as I care about light output, not color rendering, but they are catering more to tint snobs now :)

NRiyo3

Newly Enlightened
Zebra herb got a little larger today.
IMG_1915.jpeg

tonkem

Enlightened
Zebra herb got a little larger today. View attachment 62138
I have been considering adding the SC700 HI model to my collection. I am only buying lights these days that I actually use. What do you find to be the biggest difference between it and the normal non FD model. I have the SC700d already. Is there a big enough difference in throw in the HI to make it worth a 2nd light? Which of the two is your most used and why?

Last edited:

NRiyo3

Newly Enlightened
I have been considering adding the SC700 HI model to my collection. I am only buying lights these days that I actually use. What do you find to be the biggest difference between it and the normal non FD model. I have the SC700d already. Is there a big enough difference in throw in the HI to make it worth a 2nd light? Which of the two is your most used and why?
I don't think so. If you want a second Zebra and to make it special or serve a specific person I would consider getting one modded with a warm CCT. I recently got a 2700K ZL and I have a 3500K SC600. Both are really nice and this makes them great for alternate uses like late night walks vs work lights.

tonkem

Enlightened
I don't think so. If you want a second Zebra and to make it special or serve a specific person I would consider getting one modded with a warm CCT. I recently got a 2700K ZL and I have a 3500K SC600. Both are really nice and this makes them great for alternate uses like late night walks vs work lights.
I have an 3 SC52's, SC600MkIII, Sc63, Sc700d, H600 MK IV, but I prefer cooler tints, over the 4000k lights that are currently available.

NRiyo3

Newly Enlightened
I have an 3 SC52's, SC600MkIII, Sc63, Sc700d, H600 MK IV, but I prefer cooler tints, over the 4000k lights that are currently available.
Oh. Well you can get the 5000K offerings. Or get a modded one with a 519a 5700K for example. I recently got a 219b 2700K which I love but make sure you get the CCT you like.

Econoline

Newly Enlightened
I have a SC700d, several years old, used infrequently and discharges the battery quicker than expected. I measured a current of 2mA when the light is off, which explains how the 4000mA battery is getting rundown.

Is that parasitic drain normal or a defective flashlight?
The quick fix is just turning the tail cap slightly to break the circuit.

tonkem

Enlightened
I have a SC700d, several years old, used infrequently and discharges the battery quicker than expected. I measured a current of 2mA when the light is off, which explains how the 4000mA battery is getting rundown.

I had a similar problem with my son's SC64. I contacted Zebralight and shipped back to them, plus $20 for the repair. Received it back in about a month, and now no issues. Not ideal, but great service in my mind.

Bob_McBob

Enlightened

It should be more like 7-8μA, so there's definitely something wrong with your light. I would also suggest sending it to Zebralight for their out of warranty repair service, though it may take quite some time to get it back.

NRiyo3

Newly Enlightened

Seems like that is a defect. Pretty sure Zebra actually states the discharge on their lights is very minimal.