• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired THE ORIGINAL SF-M6 XTN 36 Tube for Regulated 4800mAh HDM6 (Or PIR) Packs

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler . . SF-M6 - 40mm Extension Tube for Extended Runtime with 4800mAh R-Packs

Hi Flea Bag

Yes to use the regulated pack needs more room in the M6.

If you look in the back of your M6 you will see the golden coloured tail-cup with a spring in the middle. This is the part that is swapped to give more room. The tail-cup removes quite easily with a simple tug - the SF Tail-CAP remains in use with the existing rubber covered switch. The replacement part has a central hole where a spring can be placed ( but is not required for 3300 pack) and is almost flat instead of deeply dished - its almost a Tail-Plate really !
Here is a link to photos of the version two prototype.

The only way I can think you could get regulation with a 3300 pack and the Original SF Tail-CAP would be to use this Extension tube and fit a long spring ( a modified Mag-D tail spring might work ? or something similar ) to fill the 30mm-ish void created by the extension.

You would be paying extra for a void but you would keep your SF-Tail standard ( there might/would be an increase in switch pressure depending on extra spring fitted ! )

In the meantime - removed from list pending further thought - you can always join again if you want

Cheers
Pete

Flea Bag said:
On I see... I blame it on my poor messaging skills... So I'll still need to modifiy my M6 tailcap regardless of whether I'm using the 3300 or 4800 mAh battery pack right? If that's the case then I'll need to think about this a little bit more...

I think it's better to remove me from the list in the mean time. Sorry for the hiccup. Will get back to you soon...

ronson5

Newly Enlightened
Re: Feeler . . SF-M6 - 40mm Extension Tube for Extended Runtime with 4800mAh R-Pac

i'm in. let me know when to paypal.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler . . SF-M6 - 40mm Extension Tube for Extended Runtime with 4800mAh R-Packs

Please put me on the list. Thanks

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi All

AWR is checking my calculations etc.

A few more on the list would be nice - but we seem to be almost there for a green light.

Brilliant.

Leef

Enlightened
Re: Feeler . . SF-M6 - 40mm Extension Tube for Extended Runtime with 4800mAh R-Pac

Pete, sorry for the vagueness. Yes, count me in. ~$62, right? When do I PP?

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Leef said:
Pete, sorry for the vagueness. Yes, count me in. ~$62, right? When do I PP?

Hi Leef

Thanks for the confirmation .

$62 is my PP-estimate for the cost as of now - AWR is checking design and doing a Final-Blueprint - as long as at least 12 convert there should be enough in the kitty to cover PP.Fees and postage as well. More people are free to join.

I will give refunds or ask for extra to cover costs and postage whichever way it goes - Hope this is OK and that everyone understands the system for this project

Postage total will be lower if a number are sent direct to AWR for inclusion with the HD-M6 kit.

When this is a green light project (v.soon now), the money is in and parts ordered, AWR will need to know how many of what size pack people are wanting for their HD-M6 kit.

Hope all is clear -

Any Questions just ask

Cheers Pete

Last edited:

nuggett

Enlightened

I'm in

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Petrev,

Do you think its possible to go for a 3p2s-18650 protected AW-2200mAh setup? That would give us a cool 6600mAh!

They're about the same size and the same voltage..... :thinking:

WP

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

WAVE_PARTICLE said:
Hey Petrev,

Do you think its possible to go for a 3p2s-18650 protected AW-2200mAh setup? That would give us a cool 6600mAh!

They're about the same size and the same voltage..... :thinking:

WP

Sorry No - as far as all the calculations go 18mm (actually 18.4mm max) is too big without tri-boring the M6 and even then it would be very very close to destroying the thread on the barrel - most people I know might experiment with a dremmel and an old MagLite body but not an M6 - I wouldn't. The XTN40 gives another fully reversible mod.

see post for calculations here

Cheers Pete

MikeF

Enlightened

Put me down for one also please. PP now or later?

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, Petrev. I must have missed that post :ohgeez: . Yeah...looks like 18650 is a no-go..... Can't wait for you and AWR to realize this great innovation! IMHO, the single material weakness of the SF-M6 is the runtime, and you guys seem to have resolved it!

:thumbsup: AWESOME WORK and VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!

WP

petrev said:
Sorry No - as far as all the calculations go 18mm (actually 18.4mm max) is too big without tri-boring the M6 and even then it would be very very close to destroying the thread on the barrel - most people I know might experiment with a dremmel and an old MagLite body but not an M6 - I wouldn't. The XTN40 gives another fully reversible mod.

see post for calculations here

Cheers Pete

Last edited:

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

MikeF said:
Put me down for one also please. PP now or later?

Hi - MikeF

Added to list

PP soon - definitly now a GO For Green-Light status - will finalise details as soon as possible ( 27-April hopefully ) and add to first post.

Wave Particle
Thanks for kind comments about XTN40 and AWR HD-M6

Cheers Pete

chronium

Newly Enlightened

Awesome!! totally awesome!!

PM sent

Flea Bag

Enlightened

petrev, thanks for starting this idea. I've got off the fence and decided to be content with the 3300mAh battery pack however, thus no need for the extension tube.

Hope all goes well here! :grin2:

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Flea Bag said:
petrev, thanks for starting this idea. I've got off the fence and decided to be content with the 3300mAh battery pack however, thus no need for the extension tube.

Hope all goes well here! :grin2:

Thanks for confirmation.
Pete

cnjl3

Enlightened

I have decided to be content with just "double" the run time for my
M6 so i won't be needing your extension tube.

Leef

Enlightened

I understand, Petrev, no problem. Just let me (us) know final price.:)

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

cnjl3 said:
I have decided to be content with just "double" the run time for my
M6 so i won't be needing your extension tube.

Thanks cnjl3

Removed from list

Cheers
Pete

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is there a prototype of this already? I am curious to see how the extension fits/looks on the m6.

Thanks

Curtis