The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not, I want to run it on 3x123. Will that shrink it's runtime to a nanosecond? LOL

Anybody tried?

What are the input voltage specs?

I want to get that A19 extension and turn it into a 3x123 light and occasionally run 2xAA in it given the low mode.

cp2315

Enlightened
I think it falls into the because I can category. :D

I do not notice any major difference in the output. The G2X Pro is my car light and I find myself grabbing all the time to use. Having the rechargeables is just easier than buying primaries all the time. The car GHB does have a caddy with 6 Surefire primaries ready to go if needed. Though I'm in the process of replacing the G2X with a AA light in the car for this reason and it will likely become the backdoor go to light at the farm.

I have a sanyo 2500mAh 16650 in mine. Supposed to have more juice than 2xCR123, let alone 2RCR. Run time is amazing. I got it from illumn.com for $6

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not 3x123 but two AA just a while ago, got curious because of your posts.

I have a G2XLE though,not the 320 lumen.

Two Eneloop will not light it up.
Two somewhat used Alkalines, voltage 1.53V each, will reliably light up high mode definitely above 40 lumens, low mode seems unchanged at 15 lumens(compared to 2x CR123 or 1x 16650).

I have a dozen L91 somewhere but too lazy to find em.
I don'y have a extender, I just held the cells in the light and used 18awg silvercoat wire to connect the negative end of the rearmost cell to the end of the light body/stainless sleeve.

The brightness on two alkaline was a bit of a surprise.

Now I want an extender too! Not for 3 CR123 but for two AA.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not 3x123 but two AA just a while ago, got curious because of your posts.

I have a G2XLE though,not the 320 lumen.

Two Eneloop will not light it up.
Two somewhat used Alkalines, voltage 1.53V each, will reliably light up high mode definitely above 40 lumens, low mode seems unchanged at 15 lumens(compared to 2x CR123 or 1x 16650).

I have a dozen L91 somewhere but too lazy to find em.
I don'y have a extender, I just held the cells in the light and used 18awg silvercoat wire to connect the negative end of the rearmost cell to the end of the light body/stainless sleeve.

The brightness on two alkaline was a bit of a surprise.

Now I want an extender too! Not for 3 CR123 but for two AA.

This is very useful and very cool to know. Exactly what I was looking for. but, will 3 primaries 123 fry it?

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't bring myself to do it, as the LE is not yet officially released in my country and trashing the driver would be a heck of a PITA for me.
You can try my method, though: leave the tailcap off, insert extra cell and connect with a wire or paperclip bent to the optimal shape.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know the input voltage range of the surefire G2X Pro?

I tried with a fresh primary CR123(Duracell Ultra) and a dummy cell. It worked but the initial output was less than half at high(110-120lm something), and instantly started to slowly drop. Within a few minutes it was ~50lm. I have not tried further, and don't know the range above 6V, however.

cp2315

Enlightened
I heard it is 10% drop in output. But I don't notice since I have only one so cannot compare side by side. Besides it really means nothing if it is 320 or 290. Not looking for output but reliability and it's straightforward UI.

cp2315

Enlightened
My yellow G2x pro arrived yesterday.
I compared the new one side by side with the old G2x pro black, one with sanyo16650 2500mAh, one with stock SF 123x2. Could not see any difference in brightness by eyes. I guess 5% is too small to see.

Beam and tint of the new one is slightly different from the old one, being more neutral and less throwy. The hot spot of the new light is bigger and not as concentrated as the old one. But all very close. Apparently both have XPG2. Very happy with the new G2X.

Also surface of the head of the yellow one is rougher/grainier than the old one, which is plain smooth.

32324891144_0d53a2b94b_b.jpg

32787567690_cf10c8f237_b.jpg

33013526742_b35b8150a7_b.jpg

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've run my G2X Pro with 2 Olight RCR123As (8.4V) for a while now and notice no ill effects or any difference whatsoever for that matter... YMMV

so 9V is just a little higher.. should I run a little experiment for the sake of science.

Probably not, as there is no similar looking extension for the G2x Pro, a metal one will look pretty odd on it.