The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry guys, I was mistaken. They were the new G2L and 6PL models with the KX4 bezels.

902ad811.jpg

Well, nice to see these showing up at Lowes now! might have to grab one when I get back! How much the G2L's go for there?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Today I spoke with an SF employee about these new X lights. I cannot reveal his name however I've known him for quite awhile and he's not a PR type but someone who has handled and played with these new lights.

The Pro X models will toggle from High to Low and the others Low to High.

The lights are 200 lumens for about 90 mins and will step down although my source didn't know for certain if it would be a 3 step decrease from say, 200 to 50 to 5 but thought that it would be very close to that.

The LED is integral to the head and cannot be removed. These lights are NOT made to be used as weapons lights for those wondering. There is no shock absorbing inside these new heads so the lights are fine for handguns but not other weapons.

The price point is one that SF is happy with given that it puts great output into people's hands for an expensive price given what the total package offers. This light is not meant to be everything to everyone but it does cover a very wide segment of the market. It reaches to upper end users while also reaching down to lower end users with a good compromise set of lights.

jimbo@stn23

Newly Enlightened
Just about an identical marketing move to the recent ones from American based pocketknife companies. Benchmade and Spyderco have broadened their product lines to include lower price point product that should appeal to a greater "average Joe". I think it will be a good move overall for Surefire. I won't be likely getting one soon, but they will likely make excellent gifts for non-flashlight nuts.

DM51

Flashaholic
Dealer discussions are off topic here; they belong in the MarketPlace. Some posts have been removed.

If members have good deals to report, they should be posted in the Good Deals section there.

Chryslerguy

Newly Enlightened
RobertM- Thanks for checking out your local store and posting what they had!:thumbsup:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad to hear the direction that SF is heading. The one-piece body will lower the manufacturing cost and give foreign lights a run for their money, since the average Joe like me doesn't need 14 modes of strobe.

The wife just got me an LX2 so that will hold me until the 6PX/G2X get here.

Last edited:

Chryslerguy

Newly Enlightened
One thing I didn't think of, I wonder if I can use my rcr123a batteries in these new lights? :confused:

That was a nice feature of the p60L assembly, since the lamp also works for the 9p I use my rechargeables in the g2L.

I guess I'm a few years back in the light age...:tired:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Well, nice to see these showing up at Lowes now! might have to grab one when I get back! How much the G2L's go for there?

Every time I drive past a Lowes, I hope to find them on clearance, but they still have the old style G2L for $64.99 at a nearby store (Dedham, MA.)

jellydonut

Enlightened
The 'Pro' sounds pretty un-pro to me:

Dual-output tailcap click switch—press for momentary-on low, click for constant-on low, return to off then press or click again for high
:sick2:

The 'tactical' sounds more appealing to me. If it had arrived a little earlier I might have gotten one, I have too many lights in the same form factor and light level now to justify it. :(

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
SS-2010-09-30_12.19.24.png

you can barely make out the silvery sides in the dome -- with an xpg, you would only see the giant die.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
In this email it says these have "deep micro-textured reflectors". I hope they are deeper than they look in that photo (above)..

Surefire.jpg