The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
I've gotten so accustomed to green tints on low with my other Surefire's, that it's hard for me to notice it. This one looks more neutral to me, with maybe a touch of yellow/green in the corona.

Thanks. I have the older version P2X, and the low tint is very green. I remember someone posting here that it might be a reflection of the green board that the LED sits on.

sticks96

Newly Enlightened
I had a fella I work with add some knurling to my Fury and WOW what a difference it made in actually being able to hang onto this light!!

Last edited:

Bogie

Enlightened
The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

Anyone know if SF changed the color on the Fury ? Just got a replacement tailcap for my P2X Defender and its matte black not the gloss black my light is.

Not a major difference the light is a user and I know SF warranty is functionality not looks. But just wondering if I got the wrong unit.

DRoc

Newly Enlightened
Re: The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

I don't recall there being more than one option. My P2X Fury Defender was purchased when it was first released, and it's matte. Maybe it's just a variation in finish. Surefire finishes have always varied.

Bogie

Enlightened
Re: Glass not all its cracked up to be in the Fury...

My fury matches my e2dl has a shine to it.
5388d574f2a8685e6d1e30bf2d497246.jpg

New tail is flat black
6d57581a8dfc506fb094fb29b66148b0.jpg

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

How many amps does the 600 lumen draw? Possible to post pics versus G2x Pro 320 lumen edition?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any interest is selling one of the tailcaps? I have a G2X that has a cheep imitation I would like to replace with a McClicky. Sorry to go off topic....

Johan ES

Newly Enlightened

Does anyone know if the P2X Fury can use the original Surefire 18650 battery that is supplied with the P1R?

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Does anyone know if the P2X Fury can use the original Surefire 18650 battery that is supplied with the P1R?

Not unless the P2X is bored for 18650. The inside diameter of the P1R is around 19.00 mm, about the same as a bored P2X. Every machinist seems to use a different bore size for the P2X (and other full size Surefires) but they all run in the range of 18.75 mm to 19.00 mm.

Standard Surefire's run about 17.20 mm so there's no way they'll accept an 18650.

Johan ES

Newly Enlightened

Thanks!

Unfortunately the P1R Tactical has the press for momentary-on, twist for constant on switch. I would like a SureFire light with at least 500 lumen single-output with a tactical tailcap click switch and 18650 capability.

precisionworks

Flashaholic

Thanks!

Unfortunately the P1R Tactical has the press for momentary-on, twist for constant on switch. I would like a SureFire light with at least 500 lumen single-output with a tactical tailcap click switch and 18650 capability.

Not hard to do what you want. Buy the P1R, remove the twist tail cap & install a Surefire Z59. They're becoming hard to get so you might want to pick up two.

http://www.skdtac.com/SureFire-Z58-Z59-Clickon-Tailcap-p/sur.151.htm

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure a McClickie switch can be easily installed in the tail cap of the P1R.

Johan ES

Newly Enlightened

I'm pretty sure a McClickie switch can be easily installed in the tail cap of the P1R.
If that is true I think we have a winner :) I am just hoping that someone can confirm this.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Front/head, & Rear/tail cap, o-ring sizes?

Hey guys, gals. Need some help. Been trying to get through (without success) to Surefire's Warranty Dept. (dept. I was directed to by Suefire's operator) to purchase two sets of o-rings (front/head, and rear/tail cap) for my Fury's. I waited, or was on hold fur 30 plus minutes, then hung up. Second time 10 plus minutes, then gave up. ... :(

Does anyone know the sizes of the front and rear o-rings in a Fury? I figure, it'd be faster to find it elsewhere, and buy'um.

Thanks in advance.

Pops

Edit: got hold of Surefire, so all's good! ... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast

How does the runtime on "high" compare to runtime of G2X Pro on high? The 320 lumen version.

DRoc

Newly Enlightened

Are the P2X threads and 6PX threads compatible? Same threads, same O-Ring?

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

How does the runtime on "high" compare to runtime of G2X Pro on high? The 320 lumen version.

Roughly spoken G2X has 30 min longer runtime and with more stable brightness. So P2X has not as much better performance as one could think based on the specs.

Latest posts