The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that prefer the glass lens / window, have we identified an aftermarket option already available that can replace the OEM plastic?

& any easy way to unglue the head in order to replace it? So far I've read about vices... & torches. If that's the only way, I'd just have to live with plastic.

Oh yeah, is the mode switching in the head or the tailcap? If you replaced the tailcap with a MD3 switch, would it be a single mode?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep checking back in on this thread hoping that someone who has one will post something about it. C'mon guys. A beam shot of the backyard would be great, but at least describe the beam. Flood. Spot. Tint. Something.

BIGLOU

Enlightened
Sorry guys I suck at taking them beam shots. But here is the cell phone photo of the LED.

2011-12-22175424.jpg

2011-12-22180005.jpg

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Thanks BIGLOU. Is it floody? How's your tint?

I just noticed there's no crenellations in the bezel. I'd prefer them but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would be nice if someone who also have a G2X or 6PX could do a comparison on beam for us.

Rocky1927

Newly Enlightened
I have the thing in my shopping cart at Battery Junction and am only waiting on information about the beam before I hit "checkout".

Someone please put me outta my misery! :sigh:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a whitewall shot from about 5 feet. One of my friends bought a Fury and I got some burntime on it this evening. The beam does not appear to be green to me, and Im one of the worst beam snobs around here...... No donut hole either. The beam is very similar to most of the P60 XML's with a OP reflector but with a tighter hotspot and more throw. There was some tint shift between lo and hi modes. It is warmer on lo mode than high. Overall, a very nice cool tint light. 500 Surefire lumens are nice too! It's not a deal breaker for me, but I do not like the Lo/Hi UI. I like Hi first on any light. The Fury is definitely on my hit list as soon as the cash free's up.

SunStar

Enlightened
Guys -

I received 2 samples of the Fury today and just finished playing a bit. I'll offer the following comments for thought and discussion but please keep in mind this is my initial impression of the light after only a few minutes of use.

Tint on my sample is almost identical to the E2DL for those familiar. It's very white. There are colder beams out there but it certainly is not warm. I'm turned off by cold tints and this to my eyes just looks "white". I'll call it "clean white". The low output may be slightly green but it may be due partially to the eyes adjusting from a very intense bright light to a "utility" level of light. This mode is very useful for general tasking. It does seem to be slightly lower at its hotspot than my E2DL on low or my HDS set at 15 lumens. This is most likely due to its' good amount of spill. It's more like the E1B on low at its' hot spot but without the tunnel vision of the E1B / E2DL. It offers decent spill and I think it will be quite useful.

Regarding spill... its greater than the U2 and is very similar to the Malkoff M61. The beam diameter tracked very close to the M61 at least at the ranges that I observed. The output, however is much greater. With its generous spill, it threw further than the E2DL and M61. I want to put it head to head with the M6/MN21 soon, but I suspect it will throw beyond the MN21. Perhaps I can try that tomorrow night.

The light is very "pocket-able" and is basically the same length as the 6P. Build is what one would expect from Surefire, although the positive terminal of the battery will directly contact the board. My unit has the GLASS window in lieu of the Lexan / plastic window. Also, as a note to those whom like rechargeable, I slid an AW 17670 in for kicks and grins... both light levels fired up fine. High may have been slightly diminished but so close that I couldn't say for sure. Run time is unknown at this point but its something worth looking in too.

I did manage to take some pictures but have to get them resized and hosted. If time permits, I'll try to make that happen soon.

All in all... I think I'm going to like this light:)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you say glass window on yours? When did they change that? You very sure sir? Sounds like good news.

Craig K

Enlightened
If this light actually does come with a glass lens that changes everything for me I might think about getting one, can more people who have this light confirm if it has a plastic or glass lens?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is sometimes tapping the Lexan lens with our nails might produce a ticking sound that sounded like glass. So is it really glass? Or Lexan?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem is sometimes tapping the Lexan lens with our nails might produce a ticking sound that sounded like glass. So is it really glass? Or Lexan?

Yes I guess it could be a little difficult to figure out the difference, anyway simple ways to test if it's glass or not without taking it apart, this could be a big purchasing factor for me as well.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I guess it could be a little difficult to figure out the difference, anyway simple ways to test if it's glass or not without taking it apart, this could be a big purchasing factor for me as well.
Try scratching it? :devil: