The SureFire P2X-B "Fury" 500lu flashlight thread

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Fury

Were the lux readings with the 17670 the same as with the primaries?

Do you think that there is enough material to bore it to fit an 18650?

I would definitely buy one if I could run a 3100mAh 18650. Imagine the runtime.

Here may be of some interest. I tried this with two separate AW 17670 Protected Rechargeables that was charged in my Pila charger. The first battery ran for 43 minutes before cutting dead off. The second battery ran for 45 minutes before cutting dead off. I also took lux readings at so many minutes apart before they shut off, if anybody wants those readings just let me know and I'll post them. This is what I'm going to run in my fury, it may save a few buck in the long run on buying batteries.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Have you checked with Surefire about your warranty on it, before buying another. They should fix it or send you a new one the way backorders are your going to have to wait anyway.

I have a fury that will not consistently change from low to high mode. At times it takes two or three presses to achieve high. At the new reduced price I have decided to get a second fury. I now have outstanding orders with both Battery Junction and Brighguy. Brightguy are claiming 10 days delivery whereas Battery Junction are in the order of 4 weeks.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Fury

The primaries had a 1000 lux more than the 17670, tough question I believe it would be cutting it awful close on the bore to the 18650. The run time would be awsome.

Were the lux readings with the 17670 the same as with the primaries?

Do you think that there is enough material to bore it to fit an 18650?

I would definitely buy one if I could run a 3100mAh 18650. Imagine the runtime.

youreacrab

Enlightened
I have a fury that will not consistently change from low to high mode. At times it takes two or three presses to achieve high. At the new reduced price I have decided to get a second fury. I now have outstanding orders with both Battery Junction and Brighguy. Brightguy are claiming 10 days delivery whereas Battery Junction are in the order of 4 weeks.

thought the same thing was happening with mine. turns out it just needs a very fast double click to change modes. I like this because unintentional mode changes are less likely.

mcoccia

Newly Enlightened
thought the same thing was happening with mine. turns out it just needs a very fast double click to change modes. I like this because unintentional mode changes are less likely.[/

It's when I first use the flashlight that I have the problem even with an aggressive double click. Once it's been running for a while it is usually fine. You are right about the fury requiring a fast double click. This is quite different to the other Surefires that I have acquired in the last two months.

I emailed Surefire about the problem but to date no response. The switching is not a huge issue and in all other respects it's an awesome flashlight. At the new reduced price I couldn't resist buying another.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
People always complaint about the long delivery time for online dealers, let me have some guess on such a long delivery time
The golden rule: Bulky order means cheaper
If they say "4 weeks of delivery" then they might be stocking up orders so that they could order a larger batch from Surefire to get a cheaper price without storing the light themselves, which is costful, warehouse rent, delivery, stocking unwelcomed light without ppl buying it

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
To the Fury Owners:

Will these flashlights accept drop in upgrades like the 6Ps? As I understand it the new 6PX series still accepts the same drop ins so I am wondering if I purchase a Fury will I be able to use the light to host other LED drop ins when flashlights reach 1000 lumens or 2000 lumens on this size package or perhaps the same lumens but with a smaller LED so there is better throw?

I do not have a 6P but I was thinking about getting the 6PX since they are only about $80 now and they can accept drop ins making them useful for years to come.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
To the Fury Owners:

Will these flashlights accept drop in upgrades like the 6Ps? As I understand it the new 6PX series still accepts the same drop ins so I am wondering if I purchase a Fury will I be able to use the light to host other LED drop ins when flashlights reach 1000 lumens or 2000 lumens on this size package or perhaps the same lumens but with a smaller LED so there is better throw?

I do not have a 6P but I was thinking about getting the 6PX since they are only about $80 now and they can accept drop ins making them useful for years to come.
New Surefire LED prefer having the bezel glued to the body so as far as i know, it is a no

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's P2X-B like their other current "X-type" handhelds has the bezel sealed to the body. The LED and driver are integrated into the bezel. No user accessible or replaceable components.

naked2

Enlightened
In other words, SureFire is trending towards Apple's philosophy of "buy our products to use them the way we want you to use them, or don't buy them at all". I'm trending towards the latter with SureFire; I already don't buy Apple.

Size15's

Flashaholic
There has been much discussion of the design of the X-type handhelds in a long, and long-established thread. Perhaps its better to go back over old ground to see whether further discussion here would be going back over old ground.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Hmmm this makes me less inclined to get a Fury. A coworker just ordered one though. I was under the impression that the 6PX could upgrade the led module.... thats a bummer.

I was thinking maybe the fury as a shotgun or rifle light.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
SurefireP2X-BFuryhighandlow.png

i'm confused by this chart which appears to show a runtime on high of less than 5 minutes, yet surefire claims 1.5 hours on high.

what am i missing????

Last edited:

naked2

Enlightened
That isn't a run-time chart; it's a "total light output" chart. He switched it to low after 4.6 minutes.

Robert_M

Newly Enlightened
coyote, some people (including me) were wondering if there was a step down in light output just after 3 minutes like some other manufacturers do such as EagleTac. I didn't observe any step down in the Fury. I switched the Fury to its low setting at 4.6 minutes. I haven't done a runtime test ... yet.

naked2

Enlightened
Does any one know how long will the price decrease will last for the G2x pro and Fury?
From what I read in GoingGear's newsletter, this is an across-the-board price restructure by SureFire, announced at the recent SHOT show; not a temporary or "sale" price. I wonder if it was due to a lack of sales because of the exorbitant prices originally charged for their latest models.

Ki113rMi113r

Newly Enlightened
From what I read in GoingGear's newsletter, this is an across-the-board price restructure by SureFire, announced at the recent SHOT show; not a temporary or "sale" price. I wonder if it was due to a lack of sales because of the exorbitant prices originally charged for their latest models.

I bet it was because of the lack of sales because people were going to different companies to get more lumens for alot less money.