Those "anonymous" Quark heads

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Did you order your Quark 123 from parts? I've not seen a 123 that was sold as a complete unit that didn't say "Quark 123" on the head. Mine does. There is no label on the 123 body.
You may well be right, but after crudely removing the clip I used plastic tape to cover the remaining protrusions so that any labeling can't be seen. I didn't check the name before taping.

I just received one of the remaining Quark 123x2 R2's. The only way to see the R2 designation on the box is to open the front cardboard flap and then open the paper flap attched to it. Inside the head there is only "123x2" and a serial number.

Both the R5 and R2 LEDs are round and it takes a discerning Flashaholic eye to see the size difference in a side-by-side comparison. Without the A-B comparison I doubt that most of us could tell which light we were grabbing.

Even the enclosed instruction sheet doesn't reveal which LED is used but it does state output. Those of us who are familiar with max outputs of the different LEDs could tell which one was used, but most people probably couldn't.

This may not be a problem for those who have one or two of these Quarks. For myself and others who own several this can be quite frustrating.

I hope that 4SEVENS will eventually consider addressing this issue.

Brightnorm

amigafan2003

Enlightened
Checked both the qurks I have on me. the 123x2 turbo says 123-2 on the indies of the head and the AAx2 says AA-2.

As for those people that can't tell the difference between an R2 and an R5 led - well, they probably don't care regardless - as long as light is coming out the front then job's a good un! :)

GreySave

Enlightened
I also have the "some labled" insie and others not. It appears that this is a hit and miss type issue.

chrise2469

Newly Enlightened
That's odd all my R2 quarks have it labeled both neutral white heads but that doesn't show.

You should send 4sevens an e-mail and ask whats up with that. I agree it is important to have them labeled to avoid a :poof:.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just going by the response to this thread, the R2s are labeled on the circuit board and the R5s aren't.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Quark (with markings on the PCB) is one of the Ti ones. That said, you may be on the right track, maybe they removed the writing at some point in time. If so, wonder why.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked my two Ti Quarks (forgot I had them :))and the PCBs are marked too.