Thoughts about Surefire

pk

Photon King
SF 8AX and 9AN series are Type III, hard anodized finishes.
They are available in Black and Dark Gray colors.
FYI, SF Type III, hard anodize is extremely thick (.0020~.0030 inches) build-up compare to normal HA finish.
Regards,
pk

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alex cooper:
HA type 2 is black, HA type 3 is green/grey only. The only way to get black HA3, is to paint on top of the HA finish. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know a whole lot about the process, but Peter is managing to get real black HA type III on his Arc AAA's these days (without paint). I've got one right here in my hand. It isn't AS black as the previous ones, but you couldn't call it any other color.

Lonewolf

Enlightened
Well that settles that controversy if pk says black is type III than there is no doubt this is true. I didn't expect him to check in so soon. Thanks for helping pk.
smile.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alex cooper:
... only way to get black HA3, is to paint on top of the HA finish ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FC,
you somehow forgot to put "I THINK" in your post.

wink.gif
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

lightlover
smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
Well that settles that controversy if pk says black is type III than there is no doubt this is true.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What... nobody believes me????

Sheesh.
- Darell

Bucky

Enlightened
No matter what people may say about having luck with Botach recently, don't order from Botach. There have been enough problems from them that it is not worth it. Take your business elsewhere and you won't have to worry about your order arriving correctly, or the major trouble you'd have to go through if anything happened to your order. Every other distributor from AGR, TTS, Brightguy, LPS, to Tim Flanagan, are great places to purchase from. It is not worth the extra few dollars to order from Botach.

Bucky

Size15's

Flashaholic
If you rub two HA lights together, they smell of matches... I don't recall getting high from it, but I did wake up in a shopping trolley covered in pondweed with a traffic cone on my head...

Al

Lonewolf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> What... nobody believes me????

Sheesh.
- Darell
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

darrell no offense but I was getting conflicting input so I figured I would ask pk and accept his ruling as law. Nothing against you.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are right.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

alex, I have also been known to be wrong ......

Jahn
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

(Oh, and 5by5, don't ever believe nuthin' darell says.)
(Maybe excepting his jokes, which can actually sometimes be funny ! )
wink.gif

supertrucker

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
Originally posted by supertrucker:
Botach Tactical has the E1 on sale for $39.00, but only in black. Is this a good deal?
For $10 more, I'ld highly recomend getting the E2 in GM from Gary @ AGR. TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the input but could you be more specific about "Gary @ AGR" ? That just doesn't ring a bell.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
darrell no offense but I was getting conflicting input so I figured I would ask pk and accept his ruling as law. Nothing against you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No harm, no foul. I'm used to nobody believing me.
grin.gif

I *always* speak the truth though. It's that Jahn dude ya gotta watch out for.

supertrucker

Newly Enlightened
Botach Tactical has the E1 on sale for $39.00, but only in black. Is this a good deal? This will be my first Surefire, I need something to tide me over 'till I get an Arc LS. Would it be worth the extra dough to go with the type III? Is the regular black E1 prone to scratching? Any help making up my mind would be swell.
confused.gif
confused.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Botach Tactical has the E1 on sale for $39.00, but only in black. Is this a good deal?
For $10 more, I'ld highly recomend getting the E2 in GM from Gary @ AGR. TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input but could you be more specific about "Gary @ AGR" ? That just doesn't ring a bell.
You must be new to the board. About 2 months ago, I didn't know who AGR was either. Now, about $500+ later, I know who they are. You might also check out William with TTS ( www.texastacticalsupply.com ) They'll both treat you right. TX

supertrucker

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
You must be new to the board. About 2 months ago, I didn't know who AGR was either. Now, about $500+ later, I know who they are. You might also check out William with TTS ( www.texastacticalsupply.com ) They'll both treat you right. TX
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks TXWEST; I am new to the CPF and AGR,
but being a flashaholic, I am familiar with TTS. William has some of my dough and will surely get much more of it shortly!