• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Throw Shootout! S27-C (Seoul P4) / XR19-C/ Shoppe A19 XR-E/ Ti Ion XRE @ 200 feet!!!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Throw Shootout! S27-C (Seoul P4) / XR19-C/ Shoppe A19 XR-E/ Ti Ion XRE @ 200 feet!!!

Don, thanks for the info!:thumbsup: I`m not up to speed with all the new stuff that is out or soon to be out and all the cool light goodies we have to look forward to from that McGizmo flashlight guy???:shrug: Thought I heard somebody mention him. :laughing: I deffinately still have some reading to do. The .030" removed on the 27L for focus with the P4 isn`t much change from standard Luxeon version. That shouldn`t change diameter of emitter opening to near as large as the MCR27XR reflector. Hmmm.... .030"? Putting some pieces together from the little I have read.:grin2: Have fun building when parts arrive and I`ll prop an eyelid with a toothpic to keep a sharp eye on your sales thread to reopen so I don`t find it closed and miss out again.:popcorn: Arriving only hours ago, was my Ti XR19-C a CPF memeber was nice enough to part with for me. Time to head out for some flashlight fun!:wave: Oh no, what a bummer!:( The sun is still out! :mecry: :p

PSM, if you don`t care for those lights, I might be willing to take them off your hands!:naughty:

Thank you,
Ken

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Re: Throw Shootout! S27-C (Seoul P4) / XR19-C/ Shoppe A19 XR-E/ Ti Ion XRE @ 200 feet!!!

kenster said:
PSM, if you don`t care for those lights, I might be willing to take them off your hands!:naughty:

Cold..... Dead...... Fingers...... :laughing:

I dont see myself selling these lights. Keepers for sure.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

PoliceScannerMan said:

PSM, glad to hear the lights are that cool!:thumbsup: Hmmm.......So, how old are you?:whistle: :duck:

Hehe!
Ken

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not surprisingly, I'm finding myself in need of an S27-PD so I can make the comparison personally.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
grapplex said:
Surprisingly I prefer the SS beam. I like how it illuminates from 100' to 200' and the spill is respectable for short range.
That's what you get with a 30 minute runtime! I think Don's other two lights are a much more of a "bright as you'll need for as long as you'll need" sort of light, instead of "brighter than you'll probably need for not as long as you'd like." Although I do love my A19 XR-E - quite the pocket rocket... usefull though? Yes and no - well, to each his own. :)
john

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Brand new beamshots comin up! Stay tuned.....

More beamshots added to main post.

Last edited:

jch79

PoliceScannerMan said:
Brand new beamshots comin up! Stay tuned.....

More beamshots added to main post.
PSM - I'll make another animation for the new beamshots - do you think it is more applicable to show the over-exposure, or the more accurate shot? Your call! :)
john

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Probably the over, since you can tell the spill and stuff....

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lets see, you will be going to the NC game next week AND leaving your S27-C at the PSM Compound, right? I just need to make some, er, arrangements with Geo on flights and entry equipment needs. No need to worry... :nana:

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Those are GOOD shots. Thanx again!
bernie

jch79

PoliceScannerMan said:
Probably the over, since you can tell the spill and stuff....
Here you go! Sorry for the large file size - I wanted to keep the details as good as they could get.

psm2ahi1.gif

:) john

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

These look extremely interesting. definitely a candidate for future McLuxIII PD Updates.
Hell Don Maybe this is a good route for..oh wait a minute...forget it. Hey Don Please continue R&D, I really look forward to seeing out of Hawaii over the next few weeks and months.
Yaesumofo

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

PoliceScannerMan said:

Hmm, sounds familiar, famous last words? Till the next brighter, better, beautiful-er light comes along.... :laughing:

Well, for me I still prefer my Ti XR19C for the nice balance between hotspot, spill & runtime.. and also because it's the only one I have & can afford.. :eek:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 2x123 A19 XR-E seems to be 2 lights in one.
If run, as intended, with 2 CR123's it is a blazingly bright, burn-the-candle-at-both-ends kind of light.
What if you run it with a 17670? Now the same light is much more modest and frugal.
I haven't tested the runtime of this configuration yet, but it should be much longer
than either the 1x123 or the 2x123 A19 XR-E run on the specified number of RCR123s.
It will run on a single, somewhat depleted CR123 primary which puts out just over
3 volts open-circuit -- considerably dimmer at that point, but not moon mode,
so it should light up at pretty much any voltage a protected RCR would deliver.

jch79

Leef said:
Are you saying that the Shoppe's A19 Cree will run safely on 2xCR123? :huh2:
I could be mistaken, but I think Andy is talking about the 2x123 A19 XR-E, not the 1x123 A19 XR-E - the Shoppe sold both flavors, each with different converters.
John