ThruNite TN35, Cree MT-G2,2750 Lm,3x18650, REVIEW ,Lots of Beamshots

FlashLion

Enlightened
Re: ThruNite TN35, Cree MT-G2,2750 Lm,3x18650, Review( No Text Yet) ,Lots of Beamshot

Here it is.
About 1h with Keeppower 3100mAh.
The batteries are just in a few cycles and probably have not reached their full capacity yet.

I was wrong about the low voltage warning.Sorry for the wrong info.
There is a very nice low voltage warning. Starts about 3 minutes before batteries to cut off. Fast flashing every ~25 sec. This is a great feature.

Last edited:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: ThruNite TN35, Cree MT-G2,2750 Lm,3x18650, Review( No Text Yet) ,Lots of Beamshot

Thanks to FlashLion, my pocket book is missing more money - my copy of the TN35 was ordered today. Excellent photos!

BTW, in case anyone is interested, this site has two photos comparing the SX25L3 (MT-G2) and the TN35 in post #16. A really good comparison! You can ignore the German, the photos speak for themselves!

I already have a copy of the SX25L3 MT-G2 thanks to a previous review by Selfbuilt. I really like the beam pattern from the MT-G2. A lot of light for a single LED. Best of all, the MT-G2 output has a good balance and very smooth transition between spot and spill. The MT-G2 color is amazingly good! It does require a larger reflector to properly control the beam - meaning, not just a thrower or flooder, but a good mix.

FlashLion

Enlightened

Thanks to FlashLion, my pocket book is missing more money - my copy of the TN35 was ordered today. Excellent photos!

BTW, in case anyone is interested, this site has two photos comparing the SX25L3 (MT-G2) and the TN35 in post #16. A really good comparison! You can ignore the German, the photos speak for themselves!

I already have a copy of the SX25L3 MT-G2 thanks to a previous review by Selfbuilt. I really like the beam pattern from the MT-G2. A lot of light for a single LED. Best of all, the MT-G2 output has a good balance and very smooth transition between spot and spill. The MT-G2 color is amazingly good! It does require a larger reflector to properly control the beam - meaning, not just a thrower or flooder, but a good mix.

Sorry for your pocket book :naughty: but I think,you will enjoy one more great MT-G2 light very soon :thumbsup:
Thanks for the link with comparison shots.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for your pocket book :naughty: but I think,you will enjoy one more great MT-G2 light very soon :thumbsup:
Thanks for the link with comparison shots.

"very soon" was today. I took a quick but short tour thru my wooded back yard with the TN35 and some other lights with lumen outputs in the ballpark of the TN35, well, sort of in the ballpark, all of them listed as above about 2400 lumens. The TN35 has the largest head I have ever had on a light! I may have to concede and use the holster to carry it. The TN35 does fully slide inside of my parka pocket, but not much room left. The color output from the MT-G2 is really nice - a wonderful warmish color that effectively penetrates farther in to the woods than just about any other 'white' light (XML-L2). Only the TM26 (freshly charged cells on XML-L2 LEDs) lit up the woods in distance or in broad coverage close to what the TN35 provided. The output difference between the TN35 and SX25L3 is noticeable, but the SX25L3 is more of a flooder. The TN35 has a good beam balance between spot and with lots of spill. It is huge though! not a casual 'bring it along' type of light.

Last edited:

HIDblue

Enlightened

Flashlion...great, great pics! Really well done and the gifs are super helpful. Thank you!

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks FlashLion for the review, I read it first today.

I have been doubtful to get a 3x18650 light but this one may change my mind. The video is very instructive as well. Distinct steps between the levels and a standby between the highest mode and strobe prevents accidently activation of the strobe. Neutral tint. Good knurling. At the highest level a drop of ~14% within 2 minutes, but I really don't mind: after that stabile at 2300+ lumens for around an hour! Apart from that there are several other useful levels for longer runtime.
I will take this light into serious consideration...:popcorn:

Update: short after I wrote the words above I noticed that Selfbuilt published a review of the same light, actually today.
I read through his review as well and then placed the order of a TN35 together with 6xEagleTac 3400. :)

Last edited:

Daniel Flashaholic

Newly Enlightened

Thanks FlashLion for the review, I read it first today.

I have been doubtful to get a 3x18650 light but this one may change my mind. The video is very instructive as well. Distinct steps between the levels and a standby between the highest mode and strobe prevents accidently activation of the strobe. Neutral tint. Good knurling. At the highest level a drop of ~14% within 2 minutes, but I really don't mind: after that stabile at 2300+ lumens for around an hour! Apart from that there are several other useful levels for longer runtime.
I will take this light into serious consideration...:popcorn:

Update: short after I wrote the words above I noticed that Selfbuilt published a review of the same light, actually today.
I read through his review as well and then placed the order of a TN35 together with 6xEagleTac 3400. :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Daniel Flashaholic. What did you want to say?

caythongxanh

Newly Enlightened

It was great, very nice!

ronemca

Newly Enlightened

I know - I know - it's an old thread. But I have nothing to lose (and perhaps alot to gain) by resurrecting. So:

I need a holster for a TK-61. Evidently Fenix doesn't make one, but it looks like there is one in existence for the TK-75...although its pedigree is uncertain. I've tried to compare the dimensions, but I am leery without a first-hand testament.

I have also found one or two for the ThruNite TN-3x that look like they might fit.

And a nice fellow in the UK detailed a Molle (camo) pouch that is actually intended for a water bottle. It fits his TK-61 just fine -- and if it turns out to be the "best" option I will certainly order one -- but it would not be my first choice, because it's pretty bulky with the additional pouches sewn on the side. (And although he didn't specify where he had found it, I have no doubt I can find it too.)

Oh - and 'hkequipment' (which you likely know is a long-term seller on a certain auction site) offers a topless holster for the TK-61, but it is...well...topless. And I know from experience that I will be anxious about the lens if it's right out there in the line of fire (so to speak) with no hat.

Ideas, please kind Sirs?
Ron

ven

Flashaholic

Hi Ron,i struggled to,this case for the tk75 is similar to thrunite tn35/supbeam/acebeams case for the x40

Will not fit the tk61 due to large head. The open top case is ...........well without swearing poop :laughing:

In honesty even the tk75 is not comfy in a holster,forget the tk61 being. The molle type bag makes best sense for carrying and offers better protection due to completely being covered(no risk of any damage to protruding head through sides of holster).

Not sure if acebeams x60 has a holster,if it does it maybe worth a look at.

Nuclear Cowboy

Newly Enlightened

Wow! You find so much great stuff on this forum. I know, old review but I couldn't help myself from saying thank you for taking the time to do this. I was just about to order a Fenix TK51 when I ran across this. I'm still digging the TK51 but my word, that TN35 is beautiful. I think you've changed my mind.:laughing:

FlashLion

Enlightened

Wow! You find so much great stuff on this forum. I know, old review but I couldn't help myself from saying thank you for taking the time to do this. I was just about to order a Fenix TK51 when I ran across this. I'm still digging the TK51 but my word, that TN35 is beautiful. I think you've changed my mind.:laughing:
Thanks for reading!
No matter which one you will choose,both flashlights are a great choice.
As any product,they have their good and not so good points,but IMO these two are very useful lights.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

It has passed 1,5 years since I got TN35, and I like it. Shortly after I got TN35 I ordered TN32 as well. These lights are bargains for the price!
I really like the feeling and UI with the mode control ring. I hope Thrunite will not abandon this design. I consider to get another TN35 just in case...

ven

Flashaholic

Swedpat, you need an acebeam k60vn in your life ,little cooler with the shaved dome but not much tbh,more throw and flood and similar UI............seems a light made for you;)

Regards ven:)