• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite TN42vn 2018 - Best Rounded Thrower R

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dang the tn42vn90 is a straight beast! It lights things up even at 1 mile away. I wish I can see a regular tn42vn vs tn42vn90 comparison beam shot.
I want to upgrade so bad. But i would needa see beamshots first.
And that signature is just wicked looking! Looking better each and every time.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Dang the tn42vn90 is a straight beast! It lights things up even at 1 mile away. I wish I can see a regular tn42vn vs tn42vn90 comparison beam shot.
I want to upgrade so bad. But i would needa see beamshots first.
And that signature is just wicked looking! Looking better each and every time.

I promise you there will be distance beam shots with
TN42
TN42vnO
TN4N90
GT
GTvn
Solis
X65vn
U22vn40
U21vnO
XSvnO
MK35vn
D1SvnO
T21vnO Shorty

So yeah...Give me some time...

If anyone have a light that is not on this list please send them to me for the battle ;-)

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a nice list of contenders you got there. Real looking forward to the show down.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like decent spill AND killer throw!

The beam truly is twice the size of the GT. At distance it performs like a high output thrower... with teeth.

20180425_204252.jpg

domho8

Newly Enlightened
I just gotten this going to hv a beam at the forest when night falls
7c3159bfd5009ee53ff1130baa7dfd7e.jpg
60b6b1825019617999c181935bed8c2e.jpg

SKV89

Enlightened
The TN42vn90 with a beam that much larger than the 35HI in the GT, can it really reach 1MCD? That is almost matching the stock GT. In your pictures, the GT beam seems more intense but of course pictures can be deceiving especially if autoexposure is on.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good grief, Steve! Those shots really tell the tale. Wouldn't expect anything less from a photographer. The TN42vn90 hot spot is HUGE!!!

The TN42vn90 with a beam that much larger than the 35HI in the GT, can it really reach 1MCD? That is almost matching the stock GT. In your pictures, the GT beam seems more intense but of course pictures can be deceiving especially if autoexposure is on.

Yes. Hotspot is bigger than xhp35. This light actually lift up 1.1 miles or 1700 meters.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Vinh measured the stock GT at 1.2mcd... some got 1.1 (saubluster) but most were closer to 1.3 (vesture of blood)... while my TN42vn90 was measured at 1.03mcd.

My eyes can hardly tell any difference in throw between the two (tower shots or otherwise), but if the GT's beam is more intense I would say no more than a few hundred thousand candela, so I would say Vinh's measurements are legit. The TN42vn90's massive increase in lumen output, compared to the stock GT, IS quite obvious.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good grief, Steve! Those shots really tell the tale. Wouldn't expect anything less from a photographer. The TN42vn90 hot spot is HUGE!!!

I'm a good sports shooter bro but I just used a cell phone with flash turned off for the beam shots. ;)

It's hard to really tell even with top of the line cell phone cameras. But yeah like I wrote above the GT is maybe slightly more intense, but I don't think any more than the advertised measurements claim.

EDIT: after closer inspection yes I do see that the hot spot of the GT appears to be more intense in the first comparison photo but I just went back out to the same spot with both lights and I can not see that difference. The blown out center spot in the GT pic DOES NOT look that way in real life. Both light up my water tower at 1+ miles anyway so I have no complaints... other than maybe beam temperature. I might prefer NW.

Last edited:

LichtAn!

Enlightened
I'm a good sports shooter bro but I just used a cell phone with flash turned off for the beam shots. ;)

It's hard to really tell even with top of the line cell phone cameras. But yeah like I wrote above the GT is maybe slightly more intense, but I don't think any more than the advertised measurements claim.

EDIT: after closer inspection yes I do see that the hot spot of the GT appears to be more intense in the first comparison photo but I just went back out to the same spot with both lights and I can not see that difference. The blown out center spot in the GT pic DOES NOT look that way in real life. Both light up my water tower at 1+ miles anyway so I have no complaints... other than maybe beam temperature. I might prefer NW.

Careful these shots are not exposed with the same shutter speed. The GT shot is ISO1250 / f1.7 / 1/6.6s while the TN42vn90 is ISO1250 / f1.7 / 1/10s. So the vn90 would be even brighter in comparison (by 50%). Check the brightness of the sky, it would have matched if it was the same shutter speed.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Careful these shots are not exposed with the same shutter speed. The GT shot is ISO1250 / f1.7 / 1/6.6s while the TN42vn90 is ISO1250 / f1.7 / 1/10s. So the vn90 would be even brighter in comparison (by 50%). Check the brightness of the sky, it would have matched if it was the same shutter speed.

Where are you getting the info on shutter speed for those photos?