Thrunite TN42vn 2018 - Best Rounded Thrower R

thenorway

thenorway

Enlightened
congrats on your fiat lux.. acebeam protected is ok on the tn42vn90.. I think Sony vtc6 protected is better.

I ordered some of the VTC6 with the light just have not showed up yet. Hopefully soon.

MAD777

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my TN42vn90 today. As I opened the package I said to my daughter, I wonder if I am getting a Fiat Lux. Much to my surprise it was. The light is a absolutely perfect.

TheNorway

Congratulations thenorway!
Best sample of the best light!

S

SKV89

Enlightened
How do you know it's Fiat Lux? Is it inscribed on the light?

Newlumen

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

It will have fiat lux engraved on the light and written on the spec card as well. You must purchase v54 engraved in the beginning when you order light.

search_and_rescue

search_and_rescue

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
1. TN42vn Oslon. 2. Control. 3. Beamshot. Distance is 800 meters in the San Fernando Valley - Woodland Hills - Los Angeles. Target is the AIG sign. The control is underexposed because I forgot to deactivate the flash. I am using an iPhone 7 Plus. The beamshot is Auto setting, without flash. I did not stick around because LAPD is paramilitary I do not want to encounter after dark.

Last edited:
search_and_rescue

search_and_rescue

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Lighting up the AIG sign on Warner Center Tower 3 from the Warner Gateway parking structure rooftop with a handheld flashlight was unimaginable.:eek: But it’s just another day at the office for vinh and Sky Lumen! :clap:

Last edited:
thenorway

thenorway

Enlightened

Yes, I almost always order engraved and yes inscribed with Fiat Lux.
Was able to get out on the river the other day where my lights really come in handy.
This thing is a beast. I really like the size and weight and gives you a fell feeling of security walking around in dark unsecure areas.

L

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Has anyone done lux or lumen measuremwnt at home? Really curious what numbers you get.

Newlumen

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone done lux or lumen measuremwnt at home? Really curious what numbers you get.

Lumen: 700-850
Intensity: 1.1-1.3Mcd
Throw: 2098-2280m

I measured 672 lumen with the texas lumen tube.

L

LichtAn!

Enlightened
What batteries did you use for the Oslon? You also have a TN42vn90? I'm really excited about the numbers there. :sssh:

Last edited:
Newlumen

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
What batteries did you use for the Oslon? You also have a TN42vn90? I'm really excited about the numbers there. :sssh:

Yes, I tested it with lg mj for the oslon. Sony vtc6 might gain 20-40 more lumen.. I will test the tn42vn90 today..

Newlumen

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tested my tn42vn90 with the Sony vtc6 protected and it came out 4540 lumen @ turn on. The output stays at low 4000 @30 seconds..

L

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Hm thanks, I expected it to hold the lumens for longer since it's driven rather conservative. :thinking:

S

SKV89

Enlightened
That's very good information Newlumen. This is with a 0.78 calibration in the Texas_Ace lumen tube right?

Newlumen

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's very good information Newlumen. This is with a 0.78 calibration in the Texas_Ace lumen tube right?

Yes.. i installed the two disc.. this tube works great without spending $10000...

S

SKV89

Enlightened
Yep I love my Texas_Ace Lumen Tube too. SO EASY to use and so consistent. The TN42vn90 really is impressive at 4.5k lumens. Still on the fence but also want to wait for someone to come up with an aspheric lens with waivien collar super thrower.

aginthelaw

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
been testing batteries in my tn42vn cft90. These batteries work perfectly:

Wrking

i get low, med, high & turbo (it does appear brighter than high when i press and hold from off)

Not wrking

these batteries, including eagletac green/white label immediately trip.

Last edited: