Tiablo A10 Beam Question

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
So... I've searched the applicable threads but can't find any direct comparisons of the new Tiablo A10's beam to any of the other super-throwers side by side(Tiablo A9, Dereelite DBS, Lumapower MRV, Raidfire Spear and the like). Can any of you lucky folks who secured a new A10 from the fist batch verify if the A10's hot spot truly is tighter than these other lights? Thanks in advance, and if anyone could post some beamshots of the A10 vs. any of the old guard, I'm sure a great many individuals including myself would be grateful.

Thanks again, and have a Merry Christmas!
John C.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a A10 but initial reports suggest!,it is no where near the claimed 40,000 lux,but more like 21,000 hmm! the jury is still out for me :thinking:so I too would like to see side by side comparisons with the DBS,spear and others?:popcorn:

naked2

Enlightened
I have it, unfortunately I'm "Photographically Challenged". I also have the A9, and the A10's hotspot is definitely tighter and brighter.

FlashCrazy just tested it with his brand new light meter, and came up with higher numbers than the light he sells, the DBS 3SD. It measured 28,000, and the A10 measured 29,500.

His results are in this post. Their may or may not be issues with the circuit in the A10. In that post, FlashCrazy seem to think not.

Stefans

Newly Enlightened
21000lux is approximatly what the A9 can give, the A10 is definitly brighter and quite a bit so.
Just by my judging from eyes I'm guessing its 30-50% brighter then A9.
Lets put it this way, I just tested it side by side with my A9 and it's easy to see which one is brightest in a real outdoor test..... so its clearly not just 10-20% brighter!

I havn't got the DBS myself, but I believe we might have a new throwking.
I'm guessing that that will be confirmed by measurements soon.
/Stefans

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The question is how bright is the spill beam of the A10? What I would like to see is a thrower with a brighter spill as well as a brighter hotspot.
I have seen at beamshots that some throwers have a smaller beam size which contribute to that the light amount will be spread out over a smaller area. Seems to be quite useless to only increase the hotspot intensity if the spill is the same. A true thrower would have not only a very bright and focused hotspot, but also a much smaller beam size to provide much brighter spill as well. Otherwise the brightness difference between hotspot and spill is too large - the narrow hotspot illuminates good of a very small area, while the spill around it shows nothing. In many cases hardly useful.

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

CobraMan

Newly Enlightened
Okay guys - here are some subjective comments based on owning the A10, DBS V2 DI R2, and RaidFire Spear:

1) The A10 is built like a Tank - super solid, heavy feel that is just fantastic in your hand

2) The beam of the A10 is the tightest of the 3 noted and in my opinion the farthest thrower - sorry but no real numbers to back this up but I will say that shinning all 3 down my street at a garage door ~250 yards away the A10 has the brightest and tightest spot

3) Not much, if any, of a spill beam

4) Despite some of the issues/concerns mentioned in posts in the MarketPlace the A10 is a great light, again, this is my opinion

I am highly tempted to buy another one - waiting to see some test results of the ACE version.

Cheers,
Tim

Sangilak

Newly Enlightened
Maybe Led lenser X21 instead of A10 looks to have good throw and spill if this photo is real, and not like Tiablo whit a small hot spot
2915347324_35a9341e1b.jpg

Last edited:

evenchaos

Newly Enlightened
The question is how bright is the spill beam of the A10? What I would like to see is a thrower with a brighter spill as well as a brighter hotspot.
I have seen at beamshots that some throwers have a smaller beam size which contribute to that the light amount will be spread out over a smaller area. Seems to be quite useless to only increase the hotspot intensity if the spill is the same. A true thrower would have not only a very bright and focused hotspot, but also a much smaller beam size to provide much brighter spill as well. Otherwise the brightness difference between hotspot and spill is too large - the narrow hotspot illuminates good of a very small area, while the spill around it shows nothing. In many cases hardly useful.

Regards, Patric

The spill is surprisingly bright in my copy but there is no corona (the middle brightness part around the hotspot) - but definitely not a flood light.

Stefans

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I just realized that the A10:s beam can be defocused quite effectively. You can increase the hotspot size up to about 3 times the diameter with acceptable beampattern if the distans is more than a couple of meters.
I'm just liking this light more and more.....

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
At a distance "for throw" it has been said,it is hard to tell which is better A10 or DBS I'm sticking with the DBS because of the support from dereelight and the fact that they are constantly improving pills and lights,but above all their proven record is hard to match IMHO :)

Also what is without doubt! when the next round of new led's emerge i.e R3?you can bet that dereelight will have a R3 pill for the DBS keeping it one step ahead of the A10,will tiablo??? we will see.

Last edited:

KeukaLite

Newly Enlightened
At a distance "for throw" it has been said,it is hard to tell which is better A10 or DBS I'm sticking with the DBS because of the support from dereelight and the fact that they are constantly improving pills and lights,but above all their proven record is hard to match IMHO :)

Also what is without doubt! when the next round of new led's emerge i.e R3?you can bet that dereelight will have a R3 pill for the DBS keeping it one step ahead of the A10,will tiablo??? we will see.

Titan1833, I really second your statement! In the short time that I've begun learning about LED flashlights, I've found that having the ability to upgrade an existing light is a HUGE advantage! I have no doubt that Dereelight will continue to manufacture upgrades to keep pace with current technology.

Now with that being said, the LED Lenser Coast X7 (X21) is on my short list....

alohaluau

Newly Enlightened
Okay guys - here are some subjective comments based on owning the A10, DBS V2 DI R2, and RaidFire Spear:

1) The A10 is built like a Tank - super solid, heavy feel that is just fantastic in your hand

2) The beam of the A10 is the tightest of the 3 noted and in my opinion the farthest thrower - sorry but no real numbers to back this up but I will say that shinning all 3 down my street at a garage door ~250 yards away the A10 has the brightest and tightest spot

3) Not much, if any, of a spill beam

4) Despite some of the issues/concerns mentioned in posts in the MarketPlace the A10 is a great light, again, this is my opinion

I am highly tempted to buy another one - waiting to see some test results of the ACE version.

Cheers,
Tim

G'day Tim,

Did you get a forward tactical switch? It looks like the lux reading goes to more than 40000 lux compared to the multimode switch 21000 lux, therefore should be brighter.

I've put the switch on my A10 and compared that to my friend's who haven't put into his A10 yet and yes, you can see a big difference. :D

Unfortunately it only goes "on-off", I rather it was like my A9 which has a 2 stage "low-high-off".

I've ordered my ACE module, it will certainly be "a bit" different to the R2. ;)

Cheers,
Luau

naked2

Enlightened
Unfortunately it only goes "on-off", I rather it was like my A9 which has a 2 stage "low-high-off".
Obviously the entire switch "modules" aren't interchangeable between the A9 and A10 caps, due to the A10's cap being so much bigger, but I wonder if you could switch just the "guts" of the two modules? :thinking:

I'll have to check when I finally get my new switch. :whistle:

lightforce2

Enlightened
Obviously the entire switch "modules" aren't interchangeable between the A9 and A10 caps, due to the A10's cap being so much bigger, but I wonder if you could switch just the "guts" of the two modules? :thinking:

I'll have to check when I finally get my new switch. :whistle:

I've already tried it - almost, Bugger :(.

there's a small lip in the bottom of the aluminimum housing that wont let the switch protude through the hole

I wish Tiablo could advise whether they would consider supplying a 2 stage high/low switch. If trhey can't then I think a non OEM part will be found and used