Tigerlight Christmas Story Part 2

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave,
I believe I have a Maglite D ring holder comming in on an order from Brightguy. If it works, I'll let you know. The holder from TL isn't a bad deal at $10, but they probably hit you with another $6-8 for shipping, when 1st class mail is only about $1. TX

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
txwest
I went to Wally World tonight and they did not have the Mag D ring holder. I will check Lowes and K-Mart tomorrow. It will be a very close fit but I have a feeling it will work. I use to have one and don't recall it being very tight on my Mag.

Does anyone know which local stores carry the D size Mag ring holder or a holder of equivalent size that would fit a TL???

We are holding off giving him the TL until Christmas bonus checks are handed out, that's when I collect from everyone. Some of the guys that would wince at buying a Dorcy AA have to be coaxed a little to give the full amount. We have found that when they have a fist full of money it is much easier. It should be sometime next week.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually am a very emotional guy! Dave...set that camera on a file cabinet and put the timer on and jump into that picture next week We wanna see you too!!!! As nascar said. Absoulutly incredible!

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
12/16/02
We gave Gene the light and the money tonight, it went as expected. A lot of emotion and he finally had to leave before it got to mushy. He kept telling me, "I can't wait to see Sgt. Parker tonight and show him this thing." A few minutes ago he asked me why we had that inert spray loaded instead of the Pepper Spray. I said, "For practice so you know the coverage zone." He immediately walked outside and held down the nozzle until it was empty. He walked back in and said, "Now lets load it with the real stuff." Gene is going to give the URL for CPF to all his LEO buddies so they can see and read about him and see the photos. Sounds like some new members to me. That's it for now thanks for the interest and Merry Christmas

genelight2.jpg

genelight4.jpg

genelight6.jpg

Gene and I with our favorite lights. Gene's is bigger than mine!

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Originally posted by B@rt:
Just curious, what did Sgt Parker say?
winkie.GIF
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I asked Gene that same question as soon as I saw him last night. He said Sgt Parker was impressed and shocked he had never seen one before. He read the owners manual on the light, played with it and got the URL for Tigerlight. He said he was going to look into getting some for the dept. He said it made so much sence he doesn't know why it wasn't thought of before. I have shown the light to 3 LEO's and the main comment was how great an idea it was. They said that being able to hold onto the light and not have to drop it or go cross draw on their pepper spray would be a real advantage. I believe I could sell the TL in quantity to LE dept's around the country. The light really does sell itself to someone that has a real need for the pepper spray. Disclaimer: I like my current job and I have it so I will not have to travel. I only mention it because some of you flashaholics out there might be looking for something like this and perhaps it's an untapped market that Tigerlight would like to explore.

Saaby

Flashaholic
He he, I just went to the tigerlight website and noticed this link on their page...

"Tigerlight Christmas Story" it said. Guess where it took me? (Hint: Here)

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's a touching story. i got misty eyed and had to step away for a minute before i started blubbering like a baby.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by DieselDave:
txwest

Does anyone know which local stores carry the D size Mag ring holder or a holder of equivalent size that would fit a TL???

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am pretty sure the Radio Shack Stores sell the Rings.

Also, Lowes and Wal-Mart sell selected Nite-Ize flashlight accessories.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see Gene is happy. Radio Shack?? Don't hold your breath, as their selection of lights has dropped dramatically. Try a LEO shop.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Originally posted by Vikas Sontakke:
Dave,

May I ask if you own/manage exotic car dealership?

Thanks,
- Vikas
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I work for a Chevrolet dealership. I OWN some flashlights and few more trivial items and I MANAGE to wake-up every morning in time to get to work.