TK10 or TK11 ?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If the head/bezel is tight, press the button down until it clicks and let go(click the switch) and the light will be on turbo. If the head/bezel is loose, clicking the switch will give you low mode, so tighten the head first then click and you'll get turbo.

When the light is turned on in general mode, tightening the head also gives you a constant turbo.

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks guys, I'm going to order a P3D Q5 for my new everyday pocket carry.

I think I may also give rechargeables a try instead of primaries. What charger/batteries do you recommend?

Thanks,

Alan

Marduke

Flashaholic

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to clarify: turbo mode on Fenix lights is constant on - no flickering or strobing. It is Fenix's way of saying "maximum brightness". With the head tight the clicky switch will go between turbo and strobe. With the head loose the switch will select between low, med, high and SOS. Any time you hard click, it will turn the light off.

I like each of my three Fenix lights - they are good values. Good luck with yours.

oh, yeah, WELCOME TO CPF

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

Thanks guys, I'm going to order a P3D Q5 for my new everyday pocket carry.

I think I may also give rechargeables a try instead of primaries. What charger/batteries do you recommend?

Thanks,

Alan

If your looking at a P3D with the intention of running rechargables in it, you might consider the JetBeam III ST instead. It is designed to use a single Li-Ion 18650 cell, which is a much better rechargable solution than multiple RCR123 sells.

On the other hand a P3D with PEU tube and primary CR123A cells is a nice light.

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

If your looking at a P3D with the intention of running rechargables in it, you might consider the JetBeam III ST instead. It is designed to use a single Li-Ion 18650 cell, which is a much better rechargable solution than multiple RCR123 sells.

I'll take a look at it.

On the other hand a P3D with PEU tube and primary CR123A cells is a nice light.

PEU tube?

Thanks,

Alan

MoreLumens4Me

Newly Enlightened
I love my p3d q5 and haven't even had to replace the batteries yet! Also check out the new Olight M20 Warrior Premium! It has (if they are true I haven't seen runtime graphs yet) superb runtimes and the ability to use rechargeables and primaries.:welcome:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
PEU is a member here that makes beautiful after-market battery tubes with functional and interesting knurling/patterns.

If you don't have RCR123s already, I would get a light that can run on 18650's, as they are the best rechargeable battery for this type of light. Much better runtime and current flow available than CR123's.

king2penn

Enlightened
My TK11 has the furthest throw of all my fenixes...:grin2: so if ur looking for throw thats the 1 to get

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the help, I really think I'm going to go with the P3D Q5. I don't tend to use my light for a greal deal of time and I am still not sure if I will just stick to primaries or go the rechargeable route via the RCR123's. I know they'll have less mah than an 18650, but I really like the size of the P3D Q5 so I think I am willing to sacrifice that.

Now my question is - what makes the best RCR123's and charger? Do I have to be concerned about whether RCR123's are protected or not?

Thanks,

Alan

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Please forgive my newbie requests, what is the best price/performance primary 123 battery for the P3D Q5? I don't go through a ton of them, so I'll probably order a 12 pack or around that. Just wondering which to order.

Thanks,

Alan

Marduke

Flashaholic
If you don't think you'll go through many, you could get SF brand cells at Lowes 2/$5, which isn't horrible. Or, you could pick some up at the same place where you bought the light, see me post above (#23)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Thanks everyone for the help, I really think I'm going to go with the P3D Q5. I don't tend to use my light for a greal deal of time and I am still not sure if I will just stick to primaries or go the rechargeable route via the RCR123's. I know they'll have less mah than an 18650, but I really like the size of the P3D Q5 so I think I am willing to sacrifice that. ...
I hope you like the P3D. Fenix Store was selling the PEU bodies for the P3D, I don't think they are really cost effective, but I love the anti-roll grip ring on them for ergonomics and anti-roll function. They are now listed on the 4sevens site (https://www.4sevens.com/index.php?cPath=31_80).

alank2

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Thanks everyone, I placed my order for a black P3D Q5 and AW's charger/batteries at 4sevens. Looking forward to it arriving!!

Assuming minimal flashlight use, how often do you recharge your batteries? Every 2 weeks?

Thanks,

Alan

Marduke

Flashaholic
Minimal use on low? You could go for months. You'll find out when you use up your first charge. After you find how long you can typically go on a single charge with average use, a good practice is to top off in half that time, or whenever you know you will be using it a lot, or after you have used it a lot.

ie.
If you can typically go 3 months, top up every 1-2 months, or when needed.