• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM36vnM Limited Edition - The 1M Lux Reflector Thrower

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Midwest Blade came thru and the battery carrier showed up yesterday. So my TM36vn has an XPG2 and I've only used the NBP52 battery pack. I forgot to ask Vinh before he left, should I use high drains or will it be good with panny 3400B's?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Midwest Blade came thru and the battery carrier showed up yesterday. So my TM36vn has an XPG2 and I've only used the NBP52 battery pack. I forgot to ask Vinh before he left, should I use high drains or will it be good with panny 3400B's?

You don't need high-drain cells. With four cells driving a single (relatively) low power LED, there is absolutely no benefit.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so I just tried the TM11 battery carrier with 4 - 18650 and it didn't work. I tried flat top and button top. Not sure why, any ideas as the TM36 Lite it's supposed to come with the same carrier.

Last edited:

Snaps11

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I just tried the TM11 battery carrier with 4 - 18650 and it didn't work. I tried flat top and button top. Not sure why, any ideas as the TM36 Lite it's supposed to come with the same carrier.

Hmm I'll have to try my tm26 carrier. What seems to be the issue?

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light won't turn on with the TM11 battery carrier using panny unprotected 18650b button and flat tops.

Last edited:

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmm I'll have to try my tm26 carrier. What seems to be the issue?

The issue is cell length. The TM11, TM15, TM26, and TM36 are designed for use with longer protected cells (button tops are best, but as long as the top is even slightly raised, it can work). Unprotected cells are 3-4 mm shorter, and simply don't make good contact.

Snaps11

Newly Enlightened
The olight protected 3400s work good in my tm26 Bigwilly.

Also I'd test out a deft-x when my tm36vnm comes in...... You know.... For science (anyone up for this?)

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
The issue is cell length. The TM11, TM15, TM26, and TM36 are designed for use with longer protected cells (button tops are best, but as long as the top is even slightly raised, it can work). Unprotected cells are 3-4 mm shorter, and simply don't make good contact.
Thanks. I'll have to get 4 protected nitecore or olights I guess.

djburkes

Enlightened
Thanks. I'll have to get 4 protected nitecore or olights I guess.

Don't forget about Orbtronic, they usually have good deals on their protected 3400 mah, they have pannys inside, as do the Olight cells. I'd go with whatever is cheaper though.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody have 4 nitecore, olight, or orbtronic that you'll sell me cheap? I don't wanna spend $50.00 + and find out they dont work. Somebody told me that you have to be careful that they're not too long also.

djburkes

Enlightened
Anybody have 4 nitecore, olight, or orbtronic that you'll sell me cheap? I don't wanna spend $50.00 + and find out they dont work. Somebody told me that you have to be careful that they're not too long also.

I have a TM36 Lite and I use the 3400 mah Orbtronic protected cells and the 3400 mah Olight protected cells and have no problems.

Bigwilly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any potential issues with soldering some flat tops to be the correct length to verify it'll work? I have some laptop recoveries I could do this to.

Snaps11

Newly Enlightened
Any potential issues with soldering some flat tops to be the correct length to verify it'll work? I have some laptop recoveries I could do this to.

I'd prob just tell you to watch the temp to not get the cell too hot.

Latest posts