• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT eMt3 and eMt6 M-series modules for Surefire M3, M4 and M6...

Baten

Newly Enlightened
Very interested also, gotta dig into some funds for sure. Thanks

Mr.Freeze

Enlightened
recieved my emt3 this week with nichia 219b emitter. awsome build, very clean surface and it fits like a condom!
nice tint, well centered and a very good heat conduction.

thank you my friend! now i can't wait for emt6:naughty:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got enough time and ease of mind to scratch another small project off of my "to-do-list"... Surefire M1 IR Illuminator LED module... or just: eMt1 !!! :)

It's not perfect solution, there is a narrowing part just underneath the lens that will block about 10% of light bouncing off of the reflector... and hopefully don't ruin beam profile in the process... will know in next day or two if focus and beam is worth the trouble... :)

Other than that, it should be a nice platform to run Nichia 219B or XPG2 or XPE2 at 1.4 Amps with custom modes and optimized for IMR 16340 cell (or 18350 if anyone goes step forward and bores his/her body - I sure won't, lol)...

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got enough time and ease of mind to scratch another small project off of my "to-do-list"... Surefire M1 IR Illuminator LED module... or just: eMt1 !!! :)

It's not perfect solution, there is a narrowing part just underneath the lens that will block about 10% of light bouncing off of the reflector... and hopefully don't ruin beam profile in the process... will know in next day or two if focus and beam is worth the trouble... :)

Other than that, it should be a nice platform to run Nichia 219B or XPG2 or XPE2 at 1.4 Amps with custom modes and optimized for IMR 16340 cell (or 18350 if anyone goes step forward and bores his/her body - I sure won't, lol)...

that looks amazing. the M1 is a perfect EDC sized light

Mr.Freeze

Enlightened
really nice, my friend!

what i miss at the pic is a + spring or is there a flat bottom?
please share a beamshot if possible! i would like to change my m1 from infrared into only "red".

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
really nice, my friend!

please share a beamshot if possible! i would like to change my m1 from infrared into only "red".

same here! I sold my M1 because milky stopped modding (seemingly), but I'd buy an M1 again just to have it made into the ultimate EDC light

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
really nice, my friend!

Oh, well, it IS a prototype... :) That's the module with press-fitted reflector for photo session... no driver in place... :)

Since then I added PCB with Nichia 219B and tested focus - which I did like... now just few more days until I make complete assembly... but I need some copper tape (on order already) that I want to supply with the module - since bezels have different tolerances; I've decided to solve that with adhesive copper tape, it will be more than enough for heat transfer at 1.4 Amps...

IR into red ??? Sure... how about XPE2 red 620nm... :)

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any update on the eMt6 module?.

Im also curious about updates on the M6 modules.

Sorry guys... the lack of a good driver is what prevents this project... it's rather hard to find any buck driver with just simple low/med/high but it's hard to hit one that drives the LED with enough amperage (or drives it too hard), usually have too low voltage cut off to my taste for 3S combinations (ideal would be 5.5V) and usually are controlled with rather low PWM...

So... it's not off the shelves but until I can make something GOOD, it will have to wait and let other projects that are doable now to happen... like this eMt1...

AndyF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys... the lack of a good driver is what prevents this project... it's rather hard to find any buck driver with just simple low/med/high but it's hard to hit one that drives the LED with enough amperage (or drives it too hard), usually have too low voltage cut off to my taste for 3S combinations (ideal would be 5.5V) and usually are controlled with rather low PWM...

So... it's not off the shelves but until I can make something GOOD, it will have to wait and let other projects that are doable now to happen... like this eMt1...

Is a 2x26500 configuration for the eMt6 a possible solution?.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
eMt6 is far from being done (if ever)... unfortunately...

But if it was to happen, then 2x26500 would be a good setup (the "perfect driver" would have to cover from 5.5 to 9.5 volts)...

GusManB

Enlightened
Hi Tana, will this work in a KL6 Head, the Kind that's on a SF L6 and Porker?

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, man I hope I can make a proto of new eMt1 with this new tiny reflector I got... hope I can make it this week so we know if I can make more eMt1's or not...

GusManB

Enlightened
Thanks Tana, you title says M4, are the eMt3 Drop-ins compatible With M4 lights?

Last edited:

GusManB

Enlightened
Hi Tana, will this work with 2x26500s in series or 2x18650s in Parallel? I want to use an M3 Bezel on an M6 body.

Thanks!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Tana, you title says M4, are the eMt3 Drop-ins compatible With M4 lights?

M4 has turbo head (like M6 or M3T)... eMt3 was (need to make update to first post, not making them for now) specifically cut to fit M3 - spring-less design, for better heat transfer...

Hi Tana, will this work with 2x26500s in series or 2x18650s in Parallel? I want to use an M3 Bezel on an M6 body.

Thanks!

Buck driver or linear with Zener will work with 2s li-ion setup... but 2x26500 can't fit stock M6... 2x18650 is interesting idea as it would work with single cell driver (linear or FET)...

Last edited:

Latest posts