• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series

Fuchshp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good morning Tarik

The programmable LuciDrv SingLED 3000K arrived yesterday morning. Thank you for the great work. It's probably the one in the picture above.

"Flashlight Replacement Bulb $7" -> you tricked the Swiss customs very well!

I programmed three modes Very Low - Low - Max, without memory. The colour of the beam is similar to the original incandescent bulb of the E1e. Only that it accepts a 16340 rechargeable battery and has a very high output, strobe, beacon, different memorys, etc, even the number of modes can be programmed.
It's true, LED's impress incans satisfy. But your SingLED both impresses and satisfies. It's the perfect reading light.

I can recomend this "flashlight replacement bulb" to anyone who has an old E1e or E2e. It wasn't $7 though but definitely worth its price.

Tarik, I wonder what you could do with an LX2.

Kind regards,
HP

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good morning Tarik

The programmable LuciDrv SingLED 3000K arrived yesterday morning. Thank you for the great work. It's probably the one in the picture above.

"Flashlight Replacement Bulb $7" -> you tricked the Swiss customs very well!

I programmed three modes Very Low - Low - Max, without memory. The colour of the beam is similar to the original incandescent bulb of the E1e. Only that it accepts a 16340 rechargeable battery and has a very high output, strobe, beacon, different memorys, etc, even the number of modes can be programmed.
It's true, LED's impress incans satisfy. But your SingLED both impresses and satisfies. It's the perfect reading light.

I can recomend this "flashlight replacement bulb" to anyone who has an old E1e or E2e. It wasn't $7 though but definitely worth its price.

Tarik, I wonder what you could do with an LX2.

Kind regards,
HP

Uh, oh... I must have forgotten to add second digit to the customs form... sorry about that, HP... ain't gonna happen again... :)

LX2... well... Although it's possible to completely swap the driver, the best course of action would be to remove XRE/TIR and replace with new LED per choice (XPG2/XPE2/XPL or Nichia 219B) and reflector I'm using for KX1/KX2 bezels... I've done this to 4-5 LX2's... I went for 219B, some went with XPE2 for max throw but XPL gives the most output (but low throw)... XPG2 would be middle ground (about 300 OTF lumens)...

P.S.
That on the photo IS your XPL/LuciDrv SingLED... :)

Last edited:

Megatrowned

Enlightened
Oooo! The XPL looks nice! Is the hotspot noticeably larger than the Nichia? Or does it have a similar beam?

And another question. I tried to fit my SingLED into a older E1e, and the body of the light was a little to small for it to work. Is this unusual?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: TNT SingLED modules for Surefire incan E-series - E1E, E2E, E2D

Hmmm. I've got one in a teardrop/round body and one in a early 3 flats style body.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oooo! The XPL looks nice! Is the hotspot noticeably larger than the Nichia? Or does it have a similar beam?

And another question. I tried to fit my SingLED into a older E1e, and the body of the light was a little to small for it to work. Is this unusual?

Well, very rarely but every now and then I'd see some Surefire product that was slightly off with certain dimension - I've seen maybe one E1e in the past and one E2e that were old (and would suggest that internal bore was 17.20mm) but it was rather rough from inside and bore was around or less than 17.00mm... You can never know, I'm guessing that over 95% has internal bore of 17.10mm or bigger... maybe even bigger percent...

Anyway... relatively easy fix with some sand-paper if you want to stick to that particular setup... either sand the module or E1E from inside, just a bit...

MMD

Enlightened
Hi Tana,

i have been researching your work and I must say I am very impressed. I must resist the temptation to get a few of each.

That said, I was wondering if you could help me spec a SingLED. I will use it for EDC and my priorities are high CRI and versatility. Due to that I am leaning towards the 219 or perhaps something warm. I am sold on the LuciDrv. Is it possible to use the LuciDrv with a boost driver to run single cell primary or Li-Ion? I like the ability to use a multitude of battery options but if this is not possible with the LuciDrv I would be fine with 2xCR123A or 1xLi-Ion

i am hoping to get my feet wet with a SingLED and then move onto a TripLED. And then a P60. And then an Extreme. And then...

Thank you for offering this to the community. It is a most excellent and generous service. - Mason

kmart356

Enlightened
Hi Tana-
This is the E1e "retro" host that will be the new home for the SingLED 219B w_3-mode boost driver that you are building up for me. Your LED tower design is a perfect fit in these older E1 teardrop heads. Take your time and be well.

? Is there a way to clean the inside of the lens... mine has some stains or marks on it. I don't think these come out easily as they are press fit from what I can see.
km

E1eteardrophost_small_zps4f879a5f.jpg

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana-
This is the E1e "retro" host that will be the new home for the SingLED 219B w_3-mode boost driver that you are building up for me. Your LED tower design is a perfect fit in these older E1 teardrop heads. Take your time and be well.

? Is there a way to clean the inside of the lens... mine has some stains or marks on it. I don't think these come out easily as they are press fit from what I can see.
km

Oh, yeah... I forgot it's a teardrop, almost placed a label on it... :) I'm gonna send you clear one for bezel...

Lens... some alcohol on small q-tip - and be careful not to touch the reflector... Lens is press fit, as you said, so no removal without damage...

P.S.
Cute host, btw... :)

Luis_Br

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tana, would have the possibility of being made a single LED, neutral, low drainage, who worked for 3,4-9v (1x17670/16650 or 2x16340) and two modes high / low.

Tks

FatRat

Newly Enlightened
Hi Tana.I would like a" XPL U5 Warm White, singled with the Lucidrv and a Nichia 219B singled with lucidrv.Let me know the total and Thanks.(do you have any of Toftys bezels left?)

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana, would have the possibility of being made a single LED, neutral, low drainage, who worked for 3,4-9v (1x17670/16650 or 2x16340) and two modes high / low.

Tks

3.4-9V means it would be a buck driver and offer of buck drivers is rather slim (compared to linear drivers that can be custom flashed with better controlling firmware) so even if we find a buck driver (that exact voltage) it would be pre-set with 3-mode (low/med/high or high/med/low) with any stock setup they come up with (usually rather low PWM frequency)... also, 3.4V cut off voltage is too low for two 16340 in series, definitely not recommended setup...

Using single li-ion cell to power modern LEDs with Vf around 3V is the optimum, imho... going with linear driver but customized to any modes you want with fast PWM level is the best choice now (again, imho)... voltage range is 2.8-6V so covers 1xli-ion cell or 2xCR123 primary cells...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tana.I would like a" XPL U5 Warm White, singled with the Lucidrv and a Nichia 219B singled with lucidrv.Let me know the total and Thanks.(do you have any of Toftys bezels left?)

Hi, Will...

I'm currently out of warm white XPL's but have them on order already and they should be here in about 7-8 days...

As for stainless steel bezel rings, I'm out (the ones I had for over a year were actually ones I made while I was in US in 2013, Tofty's were only available thru me for short period of time - if you contact him he may have or be able to make few more)... I should get at least 20-30 of my own ss sets around end of spring, May or June...

Shoot me a PM or email for details and more info...

Luis_Br

Newly Enlightened
Tana, then it would be possible to produce a Nichia, neutral, 2.8-6v, 200 lumens, two modes 100/5 with memory, low drainage 500 / 700mAh.
Best regards

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tana, then it would be possible to produce a Nichia, neutral, 2.8-6v, 200 lumens, two modes 100/5 with memory, low drainage 500 / 700mAh.
Best regards

It's possible... SingLEDs are possible in multi-mode setups with high limited to 350mA, 700mA and 1Amp... I already made few that were 700mA on high and 5% on low thus giving 2 hours on two primary cells - but it would give more than 3 hours with new 16650 cells (rated at 2500mAh)...

Flyflash

Newly Enlightened

My SingLED modules showed up today! Great job! I'm messing around with the programmable driver at the moment... Lots of choices!
f04ca055056f0fcc64da0c29cf5eaa95.jpg

Jump on this offering while you can people!

FatRat

Newly Enlightened

Post office speeds are picking up.Your shipment on the 28th has cleared and left customs and from the way it looks they should arrive at or just under the two week mark.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any chance of xhp50 or 70 working with this great setup?

Lol... XHP70 would be like trying to shoot .45 from Glock 17... :)

XHP50... ummm... maybe... it has XML/XML2 footprint and those fit with trimming the edges of emitter... XPL took care of that issue properly... The main issue with XHP50 would be finding a driver to fit such a small package - the only thing would be MOSFET direct drive driver or maybe Zener modded linear driver - both too powerful for tiny SingLED... We'd see too many desoldered emitters due to excessive heat... :)