• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TOOLvn- Best IMR10440 Clicky of 2015

Sniper2075

Newly Enlightened
I just got mine from the Sale thread. I was thinking of ordering one and then noticed the sale thread. I got it so fast from Vinh I couldn't believe it. It's going to get carried everyday. I got a copper one but will probably get an aluminum in the future.
The one I got is XPL HI V3 6000K, Extra copper HS, DriverVN2

Quick question for Vinh, from the description above is the LED dedomed? I'm looking at it and it appears so compared to my Zebralight SC5, just curious.

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
The XPL-HI emitters are manufactured without a dome. There's a thin "coating" that is barely noticeable.

I also just paid for one from the sale thread.

So this is a semi de domed emitter? If so I am very pleased as I am not a huge fan of flood. Sort of a mini throw light.

vudoo

Enlightened
Everyone loves this light. I don't even carry it anymore. Let us know when you lose it! :p

My stock clip is good enough to to clip to my pants pocket but I bought this as a precaution
0e33da0f7f30fb7750df8f36b58d1c7c.jpg

uofaengr

Enlightened
Haven't posted around here in awhile, but nothing else has been in my pocket for the past couple months solid than my ToolVN. So small, bright, and useful.

Sniper2075

Newly Enlightened
I love my Toolvn. It's amazing how bright it is from such a small light. It is going to get carried whenever I have limited space for such things. However I'm finding that it's actually too small for me as a EDC. Now I'm lucky in that my work is very casual, I wear 5.11 Stryke pants to work. So I have plenty of room for a larger flashlight at work. The Toolvn will definitely be my dress clothes/jeans flashlight when I can't carry something larger. I'm also probably going to get a Mini1vn - USB Pendant Light, it just looks so cool.

Now I just have to figure out what other V54 light to get as my EDC. I'll make a new thread for ideas.

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
Man, that M9 has a bunch o' miles on it. Judging by the quality of the other items, though, I'm sure there's plenty of tread left on the tires, or it wouldn't be there. :{D

Didn't have a choice with the Beretta, it is what the Army issued me. I do have to say it ran like a champ. The last four months or so of the deployment we were out in the desert with little to do but shoot the ammo Uncle Sam graciously provided for us. Guessing in the neighborhood of 3000 rounds through it with no issues.

Below is what I carry if given the choice. CZ P 07 that was the devlopment mule for the CZ gurus at Cajun Gun Works. The best trigger on a pistol I have ever used by a wide margin.

Oh on topic: My Toolvn should be here any day now.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't wait to get mine in. Been wanting one for a long time. I have a regular tool. A reylight copper tool. Needed a toolvn to finish off the collection.

ven

Flashaholic
You guys have me all nervous now. Been carrying SAKs for years and never lost one but yeah.

I would use the magnetic holder that Adam has in a thread(think zebralight thread) or a nice custom leather holster made to fit..........

Just dont rely on the key chain what ever you do, nor the standard clip as weak. Look on here for alternatives !

Light itself is an amazing little thing ........................highly recommend amazing type of thing :laughing:

sticktodrum

Enlightened
I haven't lost mine...yet. But in case I do, I've got a backup on order of my favorite config. ;-)

huffman.matthew

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a microstream light to repurpose the clip for my ToolVN. I have to say that it is well worth it to make your 120+ dollar pocket rocket A) sit better in the pocket and B) not go on an adventure without you...

I have to say that the microstream has a very impressive feel and build quality to it. It's just a shame it is not brighter.

In short, if you have a ToolVN, you should get a microstream clip.

ven

Flashaholic
Little beam pic of Callums xp-g2 5000k, which is not as bright as the others available .............but still very bright! :laughing: Very impressive.......

HarleyXJGuy

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a microstream light to repurpose the clip for my ToolVN. I have to say that it is well worth it to make your 120+ dollar pocket rocket A) sit better in the pocket and B) not go on an adventure without you...

I have to say that the microstream has a very impressive feel and build quality to it. It's just a shame it is not brighter.

Would love some pictures.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello my name is Huffman.Matthew and I'm a flash-a-holic. I buy a flashlight I don't want, in order to get the clip for another flashlight.
😄😄😄

Don't worry, we're all in this together.

Last edited:

hhmoore

Newly Enlightened
I received my Tool CuVN this week - love this little light.
I would probably make it my regular carry at work, if it didn't get so hot. (The temperature doesn't bother me...but I sometimes use my light as a transilluminator) I suppose I could change the mode - it would probably produce enough light at 50% - but then I'd have to deal with a bunch of power levels I don't want. It's small enough that I could probably just add it to what I already carry...but a third light in that environment seems like overkill. (Tube VN on my ID lanyard, and an Olight for general purpose & transillumination)

Latest posts